Transfer Shares not available, only Add or Remove

india just
india just Mac Beta Beta
edited January 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Perhaps Schwab related...  I have a securities lending account, for short selling. If my shares are borrowed, they are transferred from taxable brokerage account to lending account and I am given a cash credit plus interest.

Quicken defaults to using Remove Shares or Add Shares transaction type, which wipes out the basis. The shares appear in the lending account without a basis, usually dated at account start date, not at transfer date.  When the shares are returned from the lending account to the brokerage account, the shares re-appear at account origination date without basis.

Having shares show up at account origination date throws off all the balances and leads to a progression of ever larger adjustments and readjustments.
Long time user, mac only, brand new to beta testing.  NOOB.  Allin on beta.
Tagged:

Comments

• india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    I am also unable to edit the transaction type in the register from remove/add to transfer shares. 
    Long time user, mac only, brand new to beta testing.  NOOB.  Allin on beta.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Quicken Windows Instructions]

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Hi @india just,

Thank you for coming to the community with this issue. I understand how this can be frustrating. 

I would suggest restoring from a previous backup that you have saved. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can be of assistance with. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.