Discover Card

Options
Wade Purdy
Wade Purdy Member ✭✭
I updated my password with Discover and now I can't get Quicken to update the password. I keep getting error Error code: BID = 7101 - Institution Login Sync Error
Warning

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I updated my password with Discover and now I can't get Quicken to update the password. I keep getting error Error code: BID = 7101 - Institution Login Sync Error
    Warning
    Hello Wade Purdy,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this frustrating error message. Thank you, however, for getting in touch with us about the matter, and for being so patient.

Generally, the BID error codes signify a connection issue, most often caused by one of the following:

• Antivirus Software
    • FireWall Settings
    • Virtual Private Networks

You may have to uninstall or disable any antivirus software, like MalwareBytes, and turn off your FireWall. Be sure to check if a VPN is in use by going to the 'apple' icon and then to 'System Preferences>Network'.  We can proceed with further troubleshooting steps once we have ruled these items out. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Wade Purdy
    Wade Purdy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared, thank you very much. I turned off my VPN and now I get AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-8400)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Wade Purdy,

Thank you for your response, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Now that you have turned off the VPN, I recommend first saving a backup. You can do this by clicking file>save a backup. 
    Then deactivating the Discover account then reactivating it. You can do this by, clicking on the Discover account>going to settings located in the bottom right-hand corner> clicking downloads> disconnect account. Then you would go about re-adding the account as you normally would. 

Please let us know how this works for you and if any error still persists. 

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Wade Purdy
    Wade Purdy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you that worked perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.