Quicken Portfolio view miscalculates Cost Basis and Market Value

Options
JayHub
JayHub Member ✭✭
Although the left column is correct in the portfolio view the totals for market value and cost basis are added incorrectly in the main graph. Anyone know why? How to fix?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your terminology is a little confusing. Columns in the Investing > Portfolio views can be added, deleted, and rearranged.

What is the exact title of the left column you refer to? Or is this the Accounts bar, which shows the balances of all your accounts and usually is on the left side of your screen?

What is the main graph you refer to?

QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, if you SOLD any positions in the account and did NOT select the exact same lot(s) as your broker sold, then the Cost Basis reported by Q will differ from what the brokerage shows.
    The brokerage, unless directed differently, almost certainly chose FIFO for lot selection.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JayHub
    JayHub Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I found the problem. Quicken wasn't miscalculating the figures as I had thought. Instead the totals were presented in South Korean currency instead of American dollars. How this shift was made I have no idea but it occurred just after a software update. To correct it I had to delete the Korean currency.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That will do it! Glad the problem is solved.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.