Unable to make checking account entries

pbigler
pbigler Member
2 days ago I was fine with Quicken. Then just today, I was unable to make entries into my checking account either manually or through bills and reminders. Please advise what to do asap. Thankyou

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hi @pbigler,

Can you provide some more information about what actually happens, what you are seeing in the account register, and/or what error message/code you may be receiving when you try to make entries?  Also is this just one account or more than one?  Is this account a "connected" account (one where you download data from the financial institution), or a manual one?

Any additional information will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What edition of Quicken are you using and is your subscription not in an expired status?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• pbigler
    pbigler Member
    Hi Frankx, there are no errors when I click "enter transaction". Basically, nothing happens. I have 2 checking accounts and this is happening in both accounts. Neither is connected to a financial institution. I was wondering if there is a limit on how many transaction is allowed in Quicken since I have been a customer for so many years.

Hi splasher, my subscription is current and I am on Quicken 10 Enterprise
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @pbigler

Based on what you are seeing, I think that your Quicken application may have become corrupted.  To try and fix this, I would recommend trying to see if a Mondo patch might resolve the problem.  Please take a look at this LINK and follow the instructions.  Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.