Downloaded transactions matching to old, random and unrelated transactions

Options
myester
myester Member ✭✭
I have 4 checking accounts downloading data from PNC Bank. For one of those accounts every transaction that downloads is matched to a totally random older transaction. The older transactions that are being matched have nothing in common with the downloaded transactions. The payee and amounts don't even match. Any ideas how to correct this?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @myester,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• myester
    myester Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, but that did not help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thanks for the update, though I apologize that the issue still continues to persist.

Next, do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• myester
    myester Member ✭✭
    Options
    This issue has been happening for a while so I don't know how far back I would need to go. Going back several weeks isn't an option. I have many accounts and that would involve hundreds of transactions for all those accounts to download again. There is something specific to this one account that is an issue. I'll continue to try and figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.