Years of data missing today.

Marika Young
Marika Young Member ✭✭
Quicken would not load saying that the server was probably too busy. I was the only one using it. I reconnected the checking account and it created a live opening balance dated 9/29/21. Many of the transaction are Uncategorized.

How do I restore everything?

Best Answer

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello, @Marika Young

Thank you for reaching back out with your update. I am sorry that you are now running into this new issue restoring your backup. You may use a Pre-Update file, so long as it is dated after December 15th, 2021. Restoration of a file prior to this date could result in complications requiring internal escalation.

Regarding the backup that is giving you this error - please find the backup in FinderRight-Click (Control-Click) on the file, and then select Get Info. At the bottom of this window, you should see an area called Sharing & Permissions. Please make sure that the permissions are set to Read & Write. Once you have done this, please try restoring the backup again. Once you have done this, please let us know the results so we may provide additional support if necessary. Thank you!

-Quicken September

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken would not load saying that the server was probably too busy. I was the only one using it. I reconnected the checking account and it created a live opening balance dated 9/29/21. Many of the transaction are Uncategorized.

How do I restore everything?
    Hello Marika Young, 

I am sorry that you are experiencing this frustrating issue, and I appreciate that you took the time to reach out to the Quicken Community about this.

When did you first notice this issue? Also, I just want to confirm: is your Quicken desktop version the one for Mac?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Marika Young
    Marika Young Member ✭✭
    I just discovered it this morning. I update all my accounts on a daily basis. I'm using Desktop
  • Hi @Marika Young,

Thank you for your response. 

What Financial Institution is the account with that this error occurred in? Also, what method of connection are you using in relation to this account (direct, quicken, web)?

We look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Marika Young
    Marika Young Member ✭✭
    Union Bank Checking was the only account affected. I'm using Quicken Connect.
  • Quicken September
    Hello, @Marika Young.

Thank you for your quick response, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. In order to help us better troubleshoot this change, would you mind answering a few more questions?
    • Did reconnecting your checking account result in the addition of a new account? Or did you link the two and in the process, your transactions were deleted?
    • Additionally, what are the exact error messages or code(s) are you receiving? 

This additional information will be very important to how we troubleshoot this error. Once you have this additional information, please let us know so that we can continue troubleshooting this error with you. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • Marika Young
    Marika Young Member ✭✭
    New Account: No
    I re-linked via the checking account settings
    I am not receiving any error code
  • Quicken September
    edited December 2021
    Hello again, @Marika Young.

Thank you for your reply, though I am sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. 

If you do not have any data before the Live Opening Balance that was created, please check to confirm you do not have any filters on the account that could be only showing you certain transactions. If you do not, you may need to Restore a Backup from before this issue presented itself. To check for filters, make sure that there is a little arrow (v) in the Date box in your register and that you're set up for All Dates, Any Type, and Any Status. 

If this is the case and you are still missing your prior data, please navigate to File > Restore from Backup.
    Be careful, however, as we want to make sure this backup we restore is from after your dataset was migrated. In your case, that's December 15th, 2021. Please do not restore any backup that says "pre-migration" or is dated before 12-15-2021. You mentioned that you use Quicken daily so, ideally, we would like a backup from yesterday or the day before - as close to the present as possible while still being before you lost your data. 

Please try this and let us know what the results are so that we may continue providing you further assistance if necessary. Thank you and have a wonderful night!

-Quicken September
  • Marika Young
    Marika Young Member ✭✭
    I located the backup file but can't restore it. See attached screen shots. There are no backups that say "pre-migration"
  • Marika Young
    Marika Young Member ✭✭
    Can I use a file that is labeled Pre-Update?
  • Quicken September
    Answer ✓
    Hello, @Marika Young

Thank you for reaching back out with your update. I am sorry that you are now running into this new issue restoring your backup. You may use a Pre-Update file, so long as it is dated after December 15th, 2021. Restoration of a file prior to this date could result in complications requiring internal escalation.

Regarding the backup that is giving you this error - please find the backup in FinderRight-Click (Control-Click) on the file, and then select Get Info. At the bottom of this window, you should see an area called Sharing & Permissions. Please make sure that the permissions are set to Read & Write. Once you have done this, please try restoring the backup again. Once you have done this, please let us know the results so we may provide additional support if necessary. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • Marika Young
    Marika Young Member ✭✭
    I followed all of your steps. I was able to retrieve everything but many transactions were Uncategorized including the entire year of 2016. I can live with that. I still wonder why that happened...
    Thank you for your help!
This discussion has been closed.