Bills and Income: set up to pay the minimum each month

Options
It appears the user interface prefers to pay the full balance and for most credit cards, yes, that's what I want to do. But I have one credit card where they gave me 0% interest on my first purchase so I want to drag that out as long as possible.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Perry Smith,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding this question. In order to further assist you, I require some more information. 

Are you wanting to know how to set up payments in Bill Manager so that you are able to capitalize on the interest rate in a certain way? 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Perry Smith
    Perry Smith Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

Yes. In the Mac Quicken, I click "Bills and Income" and under the Payees tab, I add in a eBill Payee and I'm trying to use Quick Pay (this is a CC from Synchrony Bank). It is all set up and happy but the only hitch is it wants to pay the full balance. I edited it for this month but was hoping it could figure out the minimum payment due each month automatically.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Perry Smith,

Thank you for the response. I suggest checking BillGo to see what it says for "amount due". Whether that shows the minimum due or the full balance. If it shows both, then Quicken will allow you to choose which one you would like to proceed with. However, if BillGo only gives you the option to see the full balance then, unfortunately, you would have to go in and manually change the payment for each month. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Perry Smith
    Perry Smith Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not familiar with BillGo. What is the process of checking BillGo? I found the web site but I guess they are a B2B service.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Perry Smith,

Thank you for your response, I apologize for the confusion as BillGO is on Quicken's end so I would look into it for you. I did look into this and for your payments for Synchrony, you are able to choose the minimum balance so I suggest selecting this specific bill located in the Bills & Income tab and within the drop-down menu that appears for the said bill, there should be an option to switch this bill to the minimum payment. 

Please let me know if this helps, I look forward to your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Perry Smith
    Perry Smith Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've already scheduled a payment and it won't let me view the options. I think I'll wait until the next bill come up and see if I can figure it out then. If not, I'll come back and ask again.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've already scheduled a payment and it won't let me view the options. I think I'll wait until the next bill come up and see if I can figure it out then. If not, I'll come back and ask again.
    Hello Perry Smith,

Thank you for reaching out to us again, and I am sorry that the resolution perhaps seems unclear at the moment. We hope to hear back from you whenever you notice this issue again, if you can spare the time, and we appreciate the time you've spent with us.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Perry Smith,

I truly appreciate your response. Again, I apologize for the confusion earlier. I hope that after this scheduled bill is through, you are able to choose the minimum payment option. If not, then absolutely come back and we will be more than happy to help work through this issue and find a resolution. 

Thank you and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.