Schwab download doesn't include security cusip/name

dan.greenberg.ct
dan.greenberg.ct Member ✭✭✭
I am currently running Mac version 6.5 but started having this issue with 6.4.4. I had the issue that many others had where I couldn't connect to Schwab but resolved that with Quicken's help (IIRC, I had old, closed accounts that needed to be reopened and closed again). Now when transactions are downloaded, the CUSIP and security name come in blank. For example, I'll get a Div transaction with the correct amount but I can't tell what security it's for requiring me to log into Schwab, find it, then manually enter it into Quicken. I can't recall if it's happening for all transactions but it's definitely happening for the vast majority of them. Any idea how to resolve? Thanks!

Comments

• 10s_player
    10s_player Member ✭✭
    Is the CUSIP & Security Name present on Schwab in transactions page?
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    Yes, I go to the Schwab site to get the CUSIP and add it to quicken manually.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I am currently running Mac version 6.5 but started having this issue with 6.4.4. I had the issue that many others had where I couldn't connect to Schwab but resolved that with Quicken's help (IIRC, I had old, closed accounts that needed to be reopened and closed again). Now when transactions are downloaded, the CUSIP and security name come in blank. For example, I'll get a Div transaction with the correct amount but I can't tell what security it's for requiring me to log into Schwab, find it, then manually enter it into Quicken. I can't recall if it's happening for all transactions but it's definitely happening for the vast majority of them. Any idea how to resolve? Thanks!
    Hello dan.greenberg.ct,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but I thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Quicken Community. Generally, CUSIPs are provided by the financial institution after an online security is matched with a security in Quicken, itself. Are you able to match your securities after you download account information from the bank?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    Yes, as noted above. I expect some more Schwab transactions in the coming week so I can see if it has resolved itself.
  • Quicken Jared
    Yes, as noted above. I expect some more Schwab transactions in the coming week so I can see if it has resolved itself.
    dan.greenberg.ct,

Ah, I see. Thank you for checking back in, and we hope to hear back from you about any future developments regarding new transactions. Hopefully we will see more information after another successful update.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    I just downloaded several transactions through the one-step update and this still occurs though not for every cusip. As a test, I downloaded the transactions from my broker as a csv file and the correct values are there but not showing in quicken. Possibly related I also noticed that many of the transactions come through as dividends but are actually short term capital gains or long term capital gains. Again in the csv file, they show correctly.
  • Quicken Jared
    I just downloaded several transactions through the one-step update and this still occurs though not for every cusip. As a test, I downloaded the transactions from my broker as a csv file and the correct values are there but not showing in quicken. Possibly related I also noticed that many of the transactions come through as dividends but are actually short term capital gains or long term capital gains. Again in the csv file, they show correctly.
    dan.greenberg.ct,

Thank you for returning to keep us in the loop about the circumstances of the newest account updates. I am sorry that you are still experiencing this issue.

At this stage, I would recommend filing a report about the problem, if you have the time. This would be done by going to the 'Help' option in the menu at the top of the screen while the Quicken app is open and then going to 'Report a problem.' If you can, try to do this while you have the accounts that are showing these symptoms are pulled up on the screen, so that the report feature can provide our support team with a screenshot of the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    Ok, I'll do that the next time I have transactions downloaded.
  • Hi @dan.greenberg.ct,

Thank you for your response. Please let us know once you have filed the report as these are only good for roughly 48 hours. 

We look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• skoocat
    skoocat Member ✭✭
    I've already filed reports for the same issue. I added "Attn: Kathryn", per a previous request. I continue to see the same issue.
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    Thanks, glad to know it's not just me.
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    It occurred again this morning. A report has been uploaded.
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    Any update on this? It continues to occur with the Schwab downloads.
This discussion has been closed.