Reconcile -- Help!

Kathy Kuhl
Kathy Kuhl Member
With the newest version of Quicken last month, Reconciliation is far more difficult. In the past, if I was missing a transaction in the reconcile period (say November 1-30), I could go to the register and manually change the date (for example, change Amazon date from December 3 to November 30), so that missing items were automatically added in the reconcile period.

This newest subscription seems unable to do this. When I change the date in the register, it will not add the item to the reconcile period. Nor can I add an item to the reconcile period with one of the buttons.

I must now enter the transaction again into the reconcile page. It's been taking me two hours to reconcile my accounts.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Reconciliation has not changed recently.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?
  • ron vos
    ron vos Member
    reconcile no longer on my screen
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited January 2022
    @ron vos,

Do you have a specific account selected from the list on the left? 

If you are in a heading like "All Transactions", or "Banking", rather than having a specific account selected, the reconcile option will be gone or unavailable.

Hope this helps!

Quicken Alyssa

• Jane Wise
    Jane Wise Member
    My Beginning balance is not correct on the statement 1-31-21
  • Jane Wise
    Jane Wise Member
    It is messing up my ability to balance my bank statement with my Quichen program???? Right now I am very frustrated after checking my entries etc... please advise......
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jane Wise said:
    My Beginning balance is not correct on the statement 1-31-21
    Jane Wise said:
    It is messing up my ability to balance my bank statement with my Quichen program???? Right now I am very frustrated after checking my entries etc... please advise......
    If the reconciled opening balance has changed, a reconciled transaction has been added, modified, or deleted.  To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.
  • Is there a way to clear all the entries and start fresh? Mine puts in the "ending date" from the register which is not the date on my statement.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to clear all the entries and start fresh? Mine puts in the "ending date" from the register which is not the date on my statement.
    There are ways to clear all the entries and start fresh but I suspect you may be reconciling using the online balance and want to use a statement you obtained from the financial institution instead.  If so, open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R.
  • Bruce Hissam
    Bruce Hissam Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. I have been using Quicken since the DOS days. Reconcile is not showing what is in the register. I have tried changing the dates as well as the unclearing transactions. But I get the same population in the Reconcile Window! This started after Jan 2022 revision.
  • I can't even get into the reconcile window when I have selected my checking account. I too have been using Quicken since the dark ages. This changed with the latest update.
  • Onnybay
    Onnybay Member
    Same problem here and I too been using Quicken since DOS. I have never had so many problems reconciling until recently! I can no longer get transactions to show up using the method that Kathy Kuhl mentioned and I also have problems getting my beginning balance to show correctly. I can enter it manually (using paper statement method) but then when the reconcile window opens it'll tell me I have an "opening balance difference" that I cannot get rid of no matter what numbers I enter manually.
  • Are you finding reconciled transactions are missing? I just posted a question that may have something to do with the beginning balance difference - that was how I found out my transactions are randomly disappearing.
  • seanjayy
    seanjayy Member ✭✭
    I am having same problem as Kathy Kuhl. There is the workaround to re-add the transaction and delete old one but its annoying and seems unnecessary
  • Moe
    Moe Member ✭✭
    that keyboard command is not working for me, can you direct me to the activity where I can change from online balance to statement balance?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Moe,

Here are the steps to change from online balance to paper statement balance:

1) Open the register > click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > 
    2) Select "Reconcile" > at the top of the pop-up window - click in the "Use paper statement" button;
    3) Then enter the data into the fields.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Moe said:
    that keyboard command is not working for me, can you direct me to the activity where I can change from online balance to statement balance?
    I suspect you are using Quicken for Mac which is an entirely different program than Quicken for Windows.  If so, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Using+reconcile