QW27.1.37.65MPatch.EXE fails to install.

Could not parse the URL "Shapiro\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\current/wyserver.wys" - it's either malformed or is an unknown protocol.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [deleted]
  • streetwolf
    streetwolf Member ✭✭✭
    I forgot what the patch is supposed to fix. Hope it's not major as most of the Quicken crew might not be around to fix things.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of Patch installation error "Server file failed to load … Index and length …"

please follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patch-error-unable-check-updates-server-file-failed-load
    If the error message is about a file named "wyserver.wys", the problem is the Windows User Account name. If your Windows User files are located in a folder named, for example,
    "C:\Users\John Doe\..." (with a blank space between John and Doe)
    you need to create a new Windows User Account with Admin privileges and a name that does not contain a blank space, e.g., "John". Use the new account to install or update Quicken. Afterwards return to using your regular Windows User Account for running Quicken and doing all other work, as usual.

If the user name is not the cause, try to enable and use the hidden Administrator account.
    See https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/ how to do that. Supposed to work in all Windows versions.

At your next migration to a new Windows version I recommend changing the username to remove the blank space. It's a holdover from old Windows versions using the obsolete "Documents and Settings" folder structure.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot what the patch is supposed to fix. Hope it's not major as most of the Quicken crew might not be around to fix things.
    Here are the release notes for the last few updates.
    Version R37.65 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · An issue that prevented manual transactions from appearing in the register until after a reverse-date sort.
    Version R37.64 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · A bill refresh issue was causing some Quicken instances to crash.
    Version R37.62 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · For Schwab customers, some investment transactions were missing information.
    · For Schwab customers, running Validate and Repair File for files with both an investment and banking account resulted in the banking account sometimes getting deactivated.
    · Users with closed or hidden accounts had issues with reauthorization and account deletion.
    · A crash was sometimes occurring when One Step Update downloaded bill information.
    · Other issues related to crashes and synchronization.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • friedman_nir
    friedman_nir Member ✭✭
    I was able to work around it by redefining the temp environment variable (it defaults to a location that contains a space so it fails).

1. Open a DOS command prompt as administrator
    2. Create a dummy/temp directory without a space or use an existing one (e.g. C:\temp)
    3. Redefine the TEMP path (I have two so I temporarily set both although I assume only one is used by Quicken - didn't bother checking which one but it's temporary anyway and goes away once I close the DOS prompt):

SET TEMP=c:\temp
    SET TMP=c:\temp

4. Invoke the QW27.1.37.65MPatch.EXE patch at the same DOS Command prompt (it completed successfully)

QW27.1.37.65MPatch.EXE

Nir
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    Good morning and Happy New Year. I experienced a failure when attempting to run the patch file QW27.1.37.65MPatch. Before I proceed any further, I need to ask a question on versions. When I look in "about quicken" it says the version is R36.57. When I "check for updates", it says I have the current version (R36.57). The Quicken community support page says the current version is R37.62. So my first question is what is the current version and why won't quicken update to it? Then my next question is, is this patch for version 37.65 or will it update the release to version 37.65? Thank you.
    Dave Haught
    Quicken Premier, Subscription
    Windows 11 (Just converted from windows 10)
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rwmcdowell
    rwmcdowell Member ✭✭
    Anyone else seeing the below after installing R37.65 when clicking Help->Release Notes?:
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    First.. i got that notice.. to install it.. second the patch isn't appearing on the official update page when I look. So, I am holding off
  • geekpryde
    geekpryde Member ✭✭
    > @friedman_nir said:
    > I was able to work around it by redefining the temp environment variable (it defaults to a location that contains a space so it fails).
    >
    > 1. Open a DOS command prompt as administrator
    > 2. Create a dummy/temp directory without a space or use an existing one (e.g. C:\temp)
    > 3. Redefine the TEMP path (I have two so I temporarily set both although I assume only one is used by Quicken - didn't bother checking which one but it's temporary anyway and goes away once I close the DOS prompt):
    >
    > SET TEMP=c:\temp
    > SET TMP=c:\temp
    >
    > 4. Invoke the QW27.1.37.65MPatch.EXE patch at the same DOS Command prompt (it completed successfully)
    >
    > QW27.1.37.65MPatch.EXE
    >
    > Nir

Worked fast and easy, way easier than the other (official?) work around. Thank you!

Not sure why Quicken is releasing a patch is such a bizarre manner when the normal patching mechanism works fine. Also not sure why manually doing updates from within the program doesn't even find/see this latest patch, or why there is barely mention of this version 27.1.37.65. All very sketchy...
  • Dave493
    Dave493 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed-Disruptive/Unhelpful]
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    > @rwmcdowell said:
    > Anyone else seeing the below after installing R37.65 when clicking Help->Release Notes?:

Yes, I am getting that too.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    This Patch downloads and installs....shall I refer it to...externally.  In my situation I use Chrome, the download downloaded to chrome as a download and then Clicking on the .exe file in the lower right of Chrome...the patch Installed fine.  I wonder if the issue is and why the Install just did not proceed within Quicken...was the patch was a .exe file?  When I click on Release Notes I get the same results....error message.  I actually opened the Community Entry on this issue from Quicken, there was a link to the Patch...I installed it a 2nd time...all seems fine.  
  • klausdimmler
    klausdimmler Member ✭✭
    To date, every Quickbooks update was installed within the program. Why is R37.65 a separate setup file? Will it be part of the program update in the future? Can I wait until then?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Anyone else seeing the below after installing R37.65 when clicking Help->Release Notes?:
    Yes, I see it, I'm guessing it is because they withdrew the webpage that the release note was documented on.

To date, every Quickbooks update was installed within the program. Why is R37.65 a separate setup file? Will it be part of the program update in the future? Can I wait until then?
    Quicken has installs that are started from inside of Quicken, like after you download, and it asks you and sometimes at startup.  You might get this kind of install for two different reasons.  One is that the patch version is released to everyone.  The second is when they first release a patch, they release it to a limited amount of people and then pause it, waiting to make sure there isn't any major problems before releasing it to everyone.  You might be one of the "luck ones" that get this initial release before it goes out to everyone.

There is of course a delay (usually days) between that first release to the initial limited group, and the one that goes out to everyone.  Usually when they do this release they will also post a link in an announcement or even sometimes on this page: Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows so that people that really want what is in that patch release can get it even if they aren't one of the people that got the limited release or if they want to install it on multiple machines.

Lately mostly because of the Schwab connection problems they have been sending out patch releases so fast and some of them have problems in themselves there have been lot of these initial patch releases, and not nearly as much that have actually been sent out to everyone.  In fact, I believe that in December they have sent out more patches in one month than they have in any other month as long as Quicken has been around.

P.S. It is a very good idea to save these patch releases, and a very good thing that they make them available.  If one has an expired license or if one needs to go back to an old patch release version because there is some bug in the latest patch version, one can use these to install only up to that patch release version.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Carp8diem
    Carp8diem Member ✭✭
    Nir

Thanks for the help! Your TEMP / TMP folder fix worked. 37.65 installed once I did it.

Much appreciated.
  • lsmithgo
    lsmithgo Member
    edited January 2022
    > SET TEMP=c:\temp

This worked for me, thanks!

The other proposed workaround (creating a new Admin user) is much too cumbersome. [Removed-Disruptive]