No ETA on stock price fix?

I just saw the other thread where Quicken acknowledged that stock prices aren't updating and that there's no ETA for a fix. This has been going on for a month, and I only found out when I looked at one of my actual account statements and saw the huge discrepancy. Is it normal for problems to take so long to be identified/fixed? This is the whole reason I pay for Quicken. My subscription ends tomorrow and I need to know if there's a resolution in sight, as otherwise it's not worth the cost to renew. :(

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes the amount of time that it takes because the quotes don't come from Q ... they come from a 3rd party provider who fixes things in their own pleasant time.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Investor78
    Investor78 Member ✭✭
    Yes, but what amount of time is that? Who fixes it doesn't concern me; what concerns me is receiving the service I'm paying for. I love Quicken and don't want to have to cancel. Just looking for some concrete answers here.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are your securities held?  And why don't the quotes download from there?
    And no one here can provide concrete answers because none of us are the quotes provider.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm apparently out of the loop on this, but what stock prices aren't downloading? I'm getting updates on both individual stocks and stock mutual funds — and these are from Quicken's provider, because I don't have these accounts set up to download from the brokerages. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Investor78
    Investor78 Member ✭✭
    Here's the thread of "updates" from Quicken, with each one saying there is no update. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902872/ongoing-12-30-21-quotes-missing-intermittently#latest

I don't have my account synced with the brokerages, either -- I just have the stock symbols saved in Quicken, and I manually update with dividends, etc. There's been a little fluctuation in them, like +/- $1K-$2K, for the past month, so I thought everything was working. When I got my monthly statement, I found out my Quicken tallies are off by about $30K!! So I started looking into this and found the announcement above, where Quicken acknowledged a month ago that there's a problem, but there's still no fix. Incredibly frustrating and deceiving, especially if people are making investment decisions based on the balances Quicken is showing. I had NO idea my investments had bounced back, as my Quicken totals still reflect the dip of about 10% from a month or so ago.
  • jacobs
    @Investor78 So just to make sure this is the issue, have you tried opening a few of you securities and looking at the Price History? And are there no entries for the past weeks/month? That is, go to Window > Securities, double-click on a security you hold, and click on the Price History tab. If Quicken has received updates, you should see something like this:

I'm not finding missing dates for my stocks or mutual funds.

I'm not sure what securities or exchanges are affected by the alert you shared, but it is certainly not a complete outage of price downloads.

If you have securities with no price data for the past month, could you share a few of the ticker symbols for them, so I can try adding them to see if anything downloads?
  • Investor78
    Investor78 Member ✭✭
    @jacobs I can see the list of dates, but I have no, or very few, updates in the "opening price" column. Most days just show 0.00, and the daily highs and lows on the few I spot-checked show just pennies of fluctuation. All of my funds are up to date as far as shares. I've never had this happen before, and I've been using Quicken for years. So I'm pretty sure it's the stock ticker bug. I'm using a Mac, not sure if that makes a difference or if PCs are also having this problem.
  • jacobs
    Yes, this thread is in a Quicken Mac category, and I'm a Mac users. I do see that some of my securities don't show opening prices, but I've never paid attention to that because it doesn't affect how Quicken works or shows results at all. High, low, and volume are also not relevant. All you care about in terms of your portfolio being accurate is the daily closing price; if that data has been imported, then it isn't affecting what you see in your portfolio values.
  • Investor78
    Investor78 Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Yeah, the closing data is definitely inaccurate, as my investment portfolio is currently off by more than $30K! I literally spent a month thinking that my investments were that much lower than they actually are. This is a major problem that apparently they aren't in any rush to correct.
  • jacobs
    And you’re certain your balances aren’t off from year-end dividends and capital gains you haven’t entered yet?

You’re saying your stocks and funds are downloading daily price data, but all or much of the price information is wrong day after day? That’s not a problem I’m aware of being discussed here previously. Can you identify a few of the stocks or funds where you have wrong price data? That is, compare the closing prices in a Quicken security Price History to history you can look up online.
  • Investor78
    Investor78 Member ✭✭
    Correct -- there is no problem with my entries. Details about the problem are higher up in this thread and have been acknowledged by Quicken. I talked to a support person yesterday, and they said again there is no ETA for a fix, but they are working on it. They extended my subscription for a month for free in hopes that it's fixed by then.