"Return %" column for Investing Page not properly updating for 2022 Activity

pgavon
pgavon Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
In looking at my returns for January 3,2022, I noticed that the "Return %" column appears to include the activity for 2021 in calculating the return. The definition of the "Return %" says that it means "year to date" activity. This calculation needs to be adjusted to just include 2022 activity and exclude 2021 activity.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    The Return (%) XXXX data is downloaded from Quicken's quote provider, not computed from your holdings. It appears that the quote provider is still reporting 2021 YTD returns as of 12/31.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Return (%) YTD is not based on our activity.  I suspect you'll find the Return (%) YTD will be reset for 2022 when you have imported at least two days of prices in 2022 (for example, tomorrow).  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Tell+me+about+key+investment+performance+calculations+used+in+Quicken
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often do any of those downloaded metrics get updated?  Never seen any such discussion. I can imagine a YTD Return % might not get updated to this year until end of this week, month, or even quarter. Same goes for P/E ratios and I am sure others. 
  • Jim_Harman
    There were complaints a couple of years ago that the Return (%) numbers were weeks out of date, then they got better. I'll start watching a couple of stocks that don't pay dividends, so the calculation is simple.
  • pgavon
    pgavon Member ✭✭✭
    @Sherlock - Your explanation does not make sense to me. I know that it comes from a different source than my activity, but just seeing changes in the market value of my investments should have been reflected in an updated Return % for 2022. The Return % I saw today appeared to still be using 2021 market activity in its calculation. The Return % should start with the ending value of 2021 and whatever changes happen beginning 1/3/2022 should be reflected in the Return % at the end of Jan 3rd. It is typically updated daily (or it has been in prior years). Given Quicken's recent track record on Schwab, I want to make sure someone at Quicken is keeping an eye on making sure it gets changed appropriately.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    pgavon said:
    @Sherlock - Your explanation does not make sense to me. I know that it comes from a different source than my activity, but just seeing changes in the market value of my investments should have been reflected in an updated Return % for 2022. The Return % I saw today appeared to still be using 2021 market activity in its calculation. The Return % should start with the ending value of 2021 and whatever changes happen beginning 1/3/2022 should be reflected in the Return % at the end of Jan 3rd. It is typically updated daily (or it has been in prior years). Given Quicken's recent track record on Schwab, I want to make sure someone at Quicken is keeping an eye on making sure it gets changed appropriately.
    If you want to make sure someone at Quicken is keeping an eye on making sure it gets changed appropriately, you may want to report the issue to Quicken: select Help > Report a problem...   We're just other users.
  • Jim_Harman
    For me, some of the Return (%) YTD data for 2022 started populating this morning.

Specifically, I see data for mutual funds and some stocks but not ETFs.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    For me, some of the Return (%) YTD data for 2022 started populating this morning.

I'm seeing the same.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I see Return % YTD: a) for all stocks I own, and b) for all mutual funds I own.  

For stocks I do not own, but are on my watch List, I see N/A. 
    For all ETF's I own, Return % YTD is blank.    

I think the ETF blanks and Watch list N/A's are long term problem behaviors.  Nothing new.

(Should go without saying but I will say it anyway - a valid ticker and checked to download also required.)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    As of Wednesday, all our downloaded stocks and mutual funds had 2022 Return (%) YTD.
This discussion has been closed.