Update changed investment accounts to simple

Options
SomebodyInGNV
SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
All of my investment accounts were configured for complete tracking. Today's update(s) resulted in several of them being changed to simple.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First, click on the gear at the top right of each affected account and select Edit account details. Change the Tracking method setting from Simple to Complete.

Then go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and un-check the Enable Simple investing box. 
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Bananabowl
    Bananabowl Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had the same issue last week after installing an update. Another user said it happens randomly, and is apparently not intended. I don't want simple investing enabled, either.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First, click on the gear at the top right of each affected account and select Edit account details. Change the Tracking method setting from Simple to Complete.

Then go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and un-check the Enable Simple investing box. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • jhduckw
    jhduckw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same thing just happened to me. Latest update switched to simple investing without telling me. When I downloaded it created all sorts of add/remove transactions for trades that hadn't been confirmed yet. AND it automatically entered all the new buy/sell transactions as add/remove transactions as well. Now I have to go through 50+ transactions to figure out what is a real buy/sell and what has not confirmed yet! WTH?
  • CharleyInWA
    Options
    Exact same experience as @jhduckw. In all of my ETRADE accounts. What a cluster.
This discussion has been closed.