Issue with multiple Schwab accounts (2 Different Data Files) [Edited]

AyRanch
AyRanch Member ✭✭
I have 3 Schwab accounts ... 2 in one Quicken file and 1 in another Quicken file. Every time I try to do a one-step update, Schwab faults unless I deactivate and reactivate when I open the second file. Has this problem been identified? Is it being worked on? I use Windows 10 on a desktop computer.

Best Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    With the latest changes created by Schwab, they create a security token that is stored in the Schwab account in your local Quicken file.  Because of this change by Schwab, you can’t have Schwab accounts across multiple Quicken files without basically de-authentication from one to the other each time you open a different Quicken data file. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    AyRanch said:  I hope it doesn't appear with other investment accounts that appear in multiple files.
    It is only with Schwab.... due to THEIR new security implementation.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    With the latest changes created by Schwab, they create a security token that is stored in the Schwab account in your local Quicken file.  Because of this change by Schwab, you can’t have Schwab accounts across multiple Quicken files without basically de-authentication from one to the other each time you open a different Quicken data file. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bobbakerarizona
    bobbakerarizona Member ✭✭✭
    It is a really big problem if @Ps56k2's comment is correct. This needs to be fixed.
  • ysg26
    ysg26 Member ✭✭
    I have 2 Quicken files with different Schwab accounts in each. One works the other doesn't. I hope this explanation is not true. If so I'm not renewing. Faster to input manually from monthly statement than going through this hassle
  • AyRanch
    AyRanch Member ✭✭
    I agree. This is a big problem that needs to be fixed. I hope it doesn't appear with other investment accounts that appear in multiple files.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    AyRanch said:  I hope it doesn't appear with other investment accounts that appear in multiple files.
    It is only with Schwab.... due to THEIR new security implementation.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    things might have evolved since the original issues.... check out this thread, and the latest Quicken releases....
    Maybe walk thru the Schwab re-auth process once again ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ptuttle
    ptuttle Member ✭✭
    I have four data files, Schwab does not care how much effort you have to put in to support them. I suggest you all threaten to pull your accounts. It is the only way to get their attention.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @ptuttle Are you using multiple Quicken Ids?

The post by @Ps56k2 from @Quicken Kathryn implies the problem is only when a person is using two different Quicken Ids.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.