Scheduled Transaction for "every 4 weeks"?

Joseph Witkin
Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
I have several recurring newspaper subscriptions that bill my credit card every 4 weeks. Quicken does not seem to have an option to set up a scheduled transactions for "every 4 weeks" or "every 28 days". The weekly option specifies a day of the week, and that cannot be turned off. 
Is there a way to do this?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Joseph Witkin

If I understand your question correctly - Quicken actually does allow you to setup scheduled bill transactions based on a number of weeks.  Here's a sample transaction that I have setup (see Snip below):

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Joseph Witkin
    But my bills don’t come on the same day of the week, they come every 28 days.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can set a Reminder for Weekly / Every 4 weeks / on Wednesday. If you don't care what day of the week it is, you can pick any day, there is no need to turn that off.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Joseph Witkin
    I guess every 28 days should be the same day of the week, huh? Duh…
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm... Yup, even on leap years!
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can set a Reminder for Weekly / Every 4 weeks / on Wednesday. If you don't care what day of the week it is, you can pick any day, there is no need to turn that off.
    You can't "pick any day".  When you select Weekly the Start date and the day of the week selected are forced to match.  As in say it is on Thursday and I select 1/5/2022 as the start date, the day of the week will be changed to Wednesday.  And the other way around is true, if I then change it to Thursday Quicken will force the start date to be 1/6/2022.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.