List of "frequently paid bills" gone? (Q Mac)

Options
Like most people, I have a list of bills I pay regularly (credit cards, electric, gas, etc) and a much larger list of bills I pay far less regularly (electrician, plumber, etc). Before the recent update to Quicken Mac, to pay a bill I clicked on "+ New Bill" I could select from the most recent (frequent) billers. That is gone now. Instead after I click on "add a bill" I have to enter the payee and all it does is create a "scheduled" bill for later when all I wanted was to pay it now. What is the workaround?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like most people, I have a list of bills I pay regularly (credit cards, electric, gas, etc) and a much larger list of bills I pay far less regularly (electrician, plumber, etc). Before the recent update to Quicken Mac, to pay a bill I clicked on "+ New Bill" I could select from the most recent (frequent) billers. That is gone now. Instead after I click on "add a bill" I have to enter the payee and all it does is create a "scheduled" bill for later when all I wanted was to pay it now. What is the workaround?
    Hello @FinFanInBoston,

I know that these kinds of interface changes can be confusing. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community and bringing this to our attention.

Is there any way that you can provide a screenshot of the window as it appears right after you choose to add an eBill? The list of most frequent billers should, indeed, still be present after that point. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • FinFanInBoston
    Options
    The UI definitely changed with this latest release. These weren't "ebills" these were just regular bills (which yes, I can enter directly in the register and have bank bill pay it right when I sync it. Thats my work around for now. Do you know if there is a size limit on quicken files on Mac? Mine is 100mb and I'm wondering if Quicken can't handle larger quicken data files.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @FinFanInBoston I can't answer your bill payment questions, but I can tell you that your file size should not be an issue. The modern database used by Quicken Mac doe snot have file size limitations like the legacy Mac program or Quicken Windows. There are many Quicken Mac users with data files larger than 100 MB. (I've "only" reached 75 MB over 28 years of data. ;) )
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • FinFanInBoston
    Options
    @Quicken Jared> @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello @FinFanInBoston,
    >
    > I know that these kinds of interface changes can be confusing. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community and bringing this to our attention.
    >
    > Is there any way that you can provide a screenshot of the window as it appears right after you choose to add an eBill? The list of most frequent billers should, indeed, still be present after that point. 
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

@Quicken Jared
    How do I sent you a screen shot?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @FinFanInBoston

Pardon the confusion. For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

Let us know of any additional questions for clarification. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.