Account sidebar does not agree with window

RioBlanco
RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
With the new update to 6.51 the account sidebar correctly lists the Investing total. However when selecting the investing tab in the sidebar, the displayed account window totals are way off

Comments

• RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    On further review when looking at the investing window and grouping by account, for some reason some of the investing accounts are missing which explains the totals discepency
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    I have gone back to Quicken 6.4.5 and restored the quicken data file to just before I upgraded (thank you time machine) and ll is well again. Cannot recommend upgrading to quicken 6.5.1!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RioBlanco said:
    With the new update to 6.51 the account sidebar correctly lists the Investing total. However when selecting the investing tab in the sidebar, the displayed account window totals are way off
    Hello @RioBlanco,

I know that this sort of balance issue can be especially frustrating. I thank you for taking the time to speak with us about this on the Quicken Community. Before I get started with troubleshooting, I will need a little more information. As far as the account sidebar is concerned, do you think you could provide screenshots to supply us with more information? You can do this by following the instructions provided here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Please note that it is possible to submit screenshots by dragging and dropping the images from Finder into your response window on the Quicken Community, as well.

Also, what kind of investment accounts are you working with, and what are the financial institutions associated with them?

Thanks, 

Quicken Jared 
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry Jared, i have gone back to quicken 6.4.5 and all is well, so no screen shots available. Under the Investing side tab I had a retirement account and several brokerage accounts . With the Investing side bar tab selected and all my accounts correctly listed with the correct total, the main window left out two of my brokerage accounts accounting for the totals discrepancy. I now believe it had something to do with previously temporarily selecting those two brokerage accounts and placing them in "Keep Separate option". When I unchecked the "Keep Separate" box and the two brokerage accounts returned to the sidebar they did not show up in the main window.Tried reselecting and unselecting various account display options for these accounts but they remained missing in action in the main window (although the selection choices were accurately reflected in the sidebar). Rebooting computer and program didn't help, so I am back to 6.4.5 where all is good.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RioBlanco said:
    Sorry Jared, i have gone back to quicken 6.4.5 and all is well, so no screen shots available. Under the Investing side tab I had a retirement account and several brokerage accounts . With the Investing side bar tab selected and all my accounts correctly listed with the correct total, the main window left out two of my brokerage accounts accounting for the totals discrepancy. I now believe it had something to do with previously temporarily selecting those two brokerage accounts and placing them in "Keep Separate option". When I unchecked the "Keep Separate" box and the two brokerage accounts returned to the sidebar they did not show up in the main window.Tried reselecting and unselecting various account display options for these accounts but they remained missing in action in the main window (although the selection choices were accurately reflected in the sidebar). Rebooting computer and program didn't help, so I am back to 6.4.5 where all is good.
    @RioBlanco,

Thank you for keeping me informed about this, and I am very happy to hear the issue has been resolved by reverting to 6.4.5. Feel free to reach back out to the Quicken Community if you should have any further questions or comments.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    @RioBlanco Glad you got your data restored. Now that you don't have the accounts marked Separate, you might want to make a backup and try updating to 6.5.1 again. The problem you describe hasn't been noted with others on this forum (including myself), but there are so many variables it's hard to isolate a specific problem. But I'd say unless others have run into the same problem and talked to Quicken Support, it's unlikely the developers are aware of any issue and aren't working on any fix.

You can make a copy of your Quicken.app version 6.4.5 (or Quicken will simply move it to the Trash when it updates to 6.5.1, so it's easy to retrieve as long as you don't empty the trash), and make a copy of your data file. Then allow it to update to 6.5.1 and see if everything is okay with your accounts. If it messes up again, you can easily delete the Quicken.app (version 6.5.1), move the old Quicken app back from the Trash and rename it Quicken.app, and replace the 6.5.1 data file with the backup you made. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Thank You Jacobs. I did as you suggested and all is well with 6.5.1 I performed the same temporary "keep separate" action, and this time the balances all match. Not sure what happened before but thanks for your assistance
This discussion has been closed.