Reconciling Errors with Newest Version (Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100))

Frank O'Neil
Frank O'Neil Member ✭✭✭
Upgraded to Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) this morning and there are now multiple reconciling errors across several accounts. For example, my checking account showed balanced as of 12/31/21. But I was prompted to clear some reconciled items from a number of months. In May, a transfer from an account where dividends flow in, then are transferred out to checking. The checking account shows the amount of the dividend in being the amount of the discrepancy. Delete it and the checking account seems fine, but the transferring account is now out-of-whack. In reality, both should have been fine as is. The August account shows me being $73,000 out of balance (where that number comes from I have no idea). Anyone else with these newly introduced errors?

Answers

• Christen
    Christen Member
    I'm having trouble reconciling my checking account today after installing the 6.5.1 update as well. I'm only having trouble with the current month because I do all manual entry. I learned the hard way that downloading my transactions can lead to heartache. The problem for me is that when I select an item to clear it doesn't always change the "difference" between the starting balance and ending balance. It's so frustrating. I hope they get this fixed soon. End of year is hard enough as is.
  • Frank O'Neil
    Frank O'Neil Member ✭✭✭
    Problem is even more perverse than I thought. I am go to try to close this thread and send folks to something more detailed. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905530/reconciliation-history-issues-linked-to-download-issues#latest
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Problem is even more perverse than I thought. I am go to try to close this thread and send folks to something more detailed. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905530/reconciliation-history-issues-linked-to-download-issues#latest
    @Frank O'Neil,

I am sorry to hear that this reconciliation issue is causing you so much trouble. Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Quicken Community. I want to know if you had the chance to try out @jacobs' recommendation in the thread you linked; did that yield any results, if so?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Frank O'Neil
    Frank O'Neil Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared

I have not had a chance to try this solution but will, and will post in the linked thread. Can you close this thread, since I have described the issue in more detail in the linked thread.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared

I have not had a chance to try this solution but will, and will post in the linked thread. Can you close this thread, since I have described the issue in more detail in the linked thread.
    @Frank O'Neil,

Thanks for checking back in, and I really appreciate you taking the time to give it a shot. The other thread will be closed, per your request.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.