Quicken compatibility with Big Sur

Daisy in MA
Daisy in MA Member
I recently bought a new Mac Mini with Big Sur operating system. I have not been able to update my Quicken. When I click the update icon, I get a request to sign in to Quicken. Once I sign in, nothing happens (I.e., the round arrow icon stops spinning). Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @Daisy in MA,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question. I apologize for any inconveniences that this issue has caused you. Big Sur is within the parameters for the Quicken application to run smoothly, however, we do have an alert currently regarding signing into Quicken and your accounts. I have attached a link to the specific alert so you may remain up to date on any information or resolutions that we may find regarding this. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901893/ongoing-12-27-21-sign-in-loop-error-message-mac#latest

I would suggest following the instructions provided in this alert to see if you receive the error message so that way we can rule out if this is the issue occurring for you or not. 

Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services and Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts show message:

Please let me know if you receive this error and what occurs, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Hi Jasmine,

I followed your instructions and received exactly the message you described. Any idea when this will be resolved? Is this particular to Big Sur OS?

Thank you for your help. Happy New Year!

Daisy in MA
  • @Daisy in MA,

Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA as to when this issue will be resolved. 

However, there is something you can check just to be sure that there isn't anything else causing this issue. 

Do you have a VPN, Anti-Virus, or Firewall enabled on your Mac? If so, please try disabling it and then signing into Quicken. 

Do let us know how this goes. If you still have this issue, be sure to bookmark the Alert that Quicken Jasmine provided in the link above, to stay up-to-date on the progress.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Even though this problem has supposedly been fixed, I am still having the same problem.

I have tried to initiate a chat with the help desk, but it did not work.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Even though this problem has supposedly been fixed, I am still having the same problem.

I have tried to initiate a chat with the help desk, but it did not work.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hello @Daisy in MA  ,   

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this frustrating issue. Provided that you have already made use of the troubleshooting guidance provided by @Quicken Jasmine and @Quicken Alyssa, it may be helpful to submit logs regarding the issue. You can do this by going to Help > Report a Problem in the upper menu that appears in the top of the screen while Quicken is open, and then submitting a screenshot of the arrow spinning after trying to sign in, and then a brief description along with it. This will help our support teams build a better picture of what is going on and then arrive at a resolution.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Hi Jared,

I just left a message in the "report this problem" section of the website. Is there anything else I can do?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jared,

I just left a message in the "report this problem" section of the website. Is there anything else I can do?
    @Daisy in MA  ,

Thank you for taking the time to send over that information. As it turns out, it appears to be the case that the issue you are describing is still a part of an ongoing alert that can be tracked here: 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901893/ongoing-12-27-21-sign-in-loop-error-message-mac#latest

The data you have submitted will be extremely useful in helping our teams work toward a more effective, expedient resolution.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.