When I exit Quicken I get this message "You have cancel payment instructions to send. You must send

Henktank
Henktank Member
send them or Quicken will remove them from the instructions to send list".
Whether I click on send or remove instructions I get the same result, the next popup says I have a payment waiting to be sent.
When I go to Online center, under payments it shows "Cancel payment instructions", I have tried to remove the cancel payment and uncancel the payment, nothing happens. All the others listed say Online payment processed, 1 other says scheduled for delivery.
I am using Quicken Deluxe, the newest version on windows 10.
So far I've validated the file, no errors, reset the online banking, updated to the newest Quicken, logged into my bank and it shows the payment was sent 3 days ago. When I select cancel payment then update it comes back with an error saying the bank can't cancel a transaction that's already paid. In One Step Update it shows a check box for me to cancel the payment. I just want to know how to remove this from my Quicken, it's irritating, thank you in advance

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Henktank,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you continue to experience this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Henktank
    Henktank Member
    I already tried that thanks, it didn't help
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Henktank

Thank you for your response. Could you please attempt to refresh and brand the profile? 

To do this select Tools >Online Center >Hold CTRL & Shift keys >Contact Info (while holding keys) >Refresh. A visual example is below. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Henktank
    Henktank Member
    I did exactly what you said to do, hit refresh, nothing has changed. When I click on update transactions (one step update) there is a check box to cancel a payment on 1/11/22, if I keep it uncheck everything completes fine, if I check the box it says " an error has occurred", you cannot modify or cancel this transaction as your financial institution has started processing your request".
    When I go to close Quicken it has a popup that says " You have payment instructions to send. You must send them now or Quicken will remove them from the instructions to Send list", Doesn't matter if I hit send or remove instructions, it brings me to another popup, "You have online payments to send. Do you want to send them before exiting?". If I click yes it open Online Center>Payments tab. All the one's in the list say "Online payment processed on */*/**", 2 of them are different, they say " Scheduled for Delivery on 1/7/22" , the other says " cancel payment instructions ready to send". This is so frustrating
  • Henktank
    Henktank Member
    So I contacted Quicken support, they told me it's the bank's fault, since I didn't believe that I asked the community which was just as helpful as support. I called my bank and after 30 minutes on hold I fixed it myself.
    The payment in the registrar that said sent and was cleared, I had to dele it from the registrar and manually reenter it and those messages went away. Hope this helps someone in the future.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Henktank Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.