I am using the Emergency Records Organizer (ERO) from Quicken Deluxe 2006.

Options
ERO user
ERO user Member
If I get the current version of Quicken Starter and activate the ERO module will it be able to access and use the Quicken Deluxe 2006 QDATA file?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I checked and Quicken Subscription Starter edition doesn't have ERO in it.  You would have to have at least the Deluxe edition to get it.  The biggest question in my mind is will the ERO work correctly.  That is a very fragile program that probably hasn't been updated since before Quicken 2006.

As for the actual file conversion it has always been the case that a Starter edition can read a Starter data file.  It used to be that a Starter edition wouldn't allow you to use a Deluxe (or above) data file that had account types in it that the Starter edition didn't support.  But even that isn't true anymore with Quicken Subscription.  It will allow you to use a Deluxe and above data file in the Starter edition but will make the account with types it doesn't support read-only.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably not. Starter Edition is, as the name suggests, for Starters ... that is, those new to Quicken.
    Since you already have a Qdata file you're not "new to Quicken" and you won't be able to import your file.
    Also, I'm pretty sure that Starter doesn't have the ERO function, and I'm not sure if Deluxe and the higher level products have it any more.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I checked and Quicken Subscription Starter edition doesn't have ERO in it.  You would have to have at least the Deluxe edition to get it.  The biggest question in my mind is will the ERO work correctly.  That is a very fragile program that probably hasn't been updated since before Quicken 2006.

As for the actual file conversion it has always been the case that a Starter edition can read a Starter data file.  It used to be that a Starter edition wouldn't allow you to use a Deluxe (or above) data file that had account types in it that the Starter edition didn't support.  But even that isn't true anymore with Quicken Subscription.  It will allow you to use a Deluxe and above data file in the Starter edition but will make the account with types it doesn't support read-only.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ERO user
    ERO user Member
    Options
    Thank you. It seems like I should find an alternative product
This discussion has been closed.