Update to Version 6.4.5 Results in All Transactions Uncategorized

BWV
BWV Member ✭✭
I just installed to Version 6.4.5 . I notice that some transactions were showing uncategorized, when trying to re-assign the category, Quicken would not auto populate as usual. The category seemed to be missing. Typing in the category suddenly made everything revert to Uncategorized. I assume I can install my last back up but what is happening?

Answers

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    MWV not sure what you mean by "suddenly made everything revert to Uncategorized". Is this for transactions you would expect to download as Uncategorized and QM isn't allowing you to assign a category? Or a transaction where QM has been downloading with the correct category and it stopped doing this? If the former, I just tried assigning a category on an Uncategorized download and it worked normally. If you look at Window > Categories is the category there? I'm having a different download problem which could be related to 6.4.5 but I'm not seeing this.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903690/qm-2021-stopped-allowing-me-to-drag-a-scheduled-transaction-over-downloaded#latest 
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @BWV

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

In order to further assist you, would you mind clarifying some information? 
    • Were previously categorized transactions re-categorized as "Uncategorized" after this update?
    • Were multiple categories affected? 
    • If you navigate to Window > Categories are you able to find your category in the list?
    • Will Quicken allow you to recreate this category?
    • Does restoring to a previous backup resolve this issue?
    Also, if you don't mind, would you please submit log files in the affected file? You may do this by navigating to Help > Report a problem. From here, please provide a short description of your issue and then select Send to Quicken

Once you have this additional information, please get back to us here in the Community so that we may further assist you. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • kmarlin
    kmarlin Member
    I'm having this exact same issue. After the 6.4 update, all credit card transactions are Uncategorized. It used to automatically assign a category based on the Payee. I'll be chatting with support if I can't find an answer elsewhere.
  • Hi @kmarlin

Thank you for coming to the community. Could you please let us know the answers to the questions that @Quicken September posted above and also provide us with your information logs?

You can do this by navigating to Help > Report a problem. From here, please provide a short description of your issue and then select Send to Quicken

We look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kmarlin
    kmarlin Member
    Thanks, I've uploaded the info requested. Expanded on my description of the issue and what I've tried and answered Septembers questions.
  • @BWV,

After taking a closer look at your profile. It appears that your data files migration to the new server has failed. 

Please contact Quicken Support by phone to get this issue escalated and resolved. I apologize that we are unable to resolve this for you from the Community. 

Thank you for your participation and understanding.

Quicken Alyssa

• @kmarlin, @BWV, and @RCinNJ,

Is this issue only on Capital One accounts, or is it happening with other financial institutions as well?

Can I also get @BWV & @RCinNJ to please go to Help>Report a problem, and send a report with log files attached over to Quicken? This way we can take a closer look at what may be causing this issue for you all. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• kmarlin
    kmarlin Member
    Quicken Alyssa, I only have the one credit card with downloaded transactions. If I go to my checking account and manually create an entry, I have a drop down that allows me to select a match and it does enter the category correctly. If I ever have a spare hour, I'll try to chat, but the wait times are ridiculously long. I've done some searches, and I'm on the Mac version, updated quicken to 6.5.1, and one search says there is a setting for Automatically Setting the category on downloaded transactions, but it isn't there on the Mac version. It's like you've turned off the feature all together on the Mac version.
  • kmarlin
    kmarlin Member
    Allysa, chat was able to fix it (today had a 6 minute wait, woohoo). Had to disconnect account (which I had tried), do a Cloud reset (never had that before), restart quicken, and reconnect credit card account. It even fixed previous transactions with the proper category. Thanks
  • @kmarlin,

Thank you for the update. Very happy to hear that you were able to get this resolved with our phone agents!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.