Quicken 2017 crashing

razmark
razmark Member
I am getting this message as my Quicken 2017 crashes. Quicken 2017 (45.17542.100) quit unexpectedly. What can I do to update to a newer version if I can't get in to the app?

Answers

• @razmark,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your question!

To upgrade your software, you can go to Here. You can use the same email that you use to sign in to the Community, or you can create a new one if you'd like. 

Once your purchase is complete you will download the new version. Before it installs it should uninstall the old version for you. You will then be prompted to sign in and you can open the file you have been using in the 2017 version. 

Hope this helps! Do let us know if you run into any snags along the way and we will be happy to help!

Quicken Alyssa

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Just curious: what version of macOS are you running? Quicken 2017 definitely still runs okay on most recent versions of macOS. It obviously hasn't been officially tested on newer operating systems, but I'm not aware of reading and reports here of problems users have encountered running it on any of the past three operating systems.

Have you restarted your computer? Sounds stupid, I know, but crashing applications are rare, and restarting the computer sometimes cures all sorts of oddities. ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • razmark
    razmark Member
    Hi Jacob. I just upgraded to IOS Monterrey and that appears to be the problem. Thanks for your answer.
This discussion has been closed.