Cannot edit entries in register after creation

LTR
LTR Member ✭✭
Seems like as of a few days ago I cannot edit previously created register entries. I can edit the fields but when I hit enter/return or try to move off via cursor input on mouse or keyboard the interface refuses to leave the entry. The only escape I have found is ESC key which cancels the edit. Newly credited entries are fine.

Anyone else see this behavior?

Q Premier R37.66
Windows 11 (Quicken reports Win10 Enterprise...small bug.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @LTR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LTR
    LTR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Super validated and no change. So any account that does this, do I export and import to new accounts or is there a field I can search for to root out non editable transactions?

Seems like the entries I cannot edit also cannot be deleted now. Going to try running elevated...No effect. Going to try the export and import to new account. Quicken crashed on export. Doh... Recovering from a previous back up and moving from there.

Had to go back 1.5 months to see where my data was not corrupted. During reconcile I would see 0/0/1900 in the reconcile list. Validate/super-validate would not remove these...

So thought if I am going to go back that far then go ahead and export the QXF file and import into a new Quicken file.

But all of my investment accounts report that it cannot be created via import. ??? What is the use of the QXF export if it is not symetrical to a QXF import? I am not manually exporting everything via QIF account by account...
  • LTR
    LTR Member ✭✭
    On the 1.5 month file I re-download my transactions and they match up on reconcile but when I click accept they do not enter into the register and move to accepted....They stay as matched. Going to go back in quicken release once I figure out where the previous revisions are.
  • LTR
    LTR Member ✭✭
    Used the mondo patch to R33.19. Opened my latest file. Cannot edit any entries there either. Opened up my file that is 1.5 months old, and I can now accept the reconcile items that I could not accept previously.... But all my balances are off. So in R33.19, restoring from backup file again.
  • LTR
    LTR Member ✭✭
    At least for me restoring the same backup from 11.29 with the R33.19 revision of Quicken I was able to restore and download ok. So I do not know why but if I do the same thing with the latest release the file shows the same behavior. So sticking to R33 for now which reminds me that the download update should be decoupled from the account update. Program update should not even be associated with financial update in my opinion.
  • LTR
    LTR Member ✭✭
    Turns out that some of the accounts will not download now. I cannot deactivate them either. Seems like functions are starting to fail. When I hit deactivate, deactivate... User input should not be ignored!! Throw an error or perform the function.... WIll try something to get the downloads going again.
  • LTR
    LTR Member ✭✭
    Went ahead and updated to the latest release and then some updating started to occur maybe 80% of the accounts.... but on reconcile there are cleared items in the register but the reconcile steps do not see them and say that there is nothing to reconcile.

So more ghosty, quicken not reacting correctly to items that are in the register but the application thinks are not there or are already reconciled. So from this state tried a qxf export.... Quicken crashes.
  • LTR
    LTR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    After spending some time doing this... Financial software aggregation used to make sense but this is effort is proving that it no longer makes any sense.

I was really hopeful that the new Quicken spin off would provide the focus but the application has not advanced fast enough. Still 32-bit, Speed is too slow, new bill pay as a passthough to account webservices is not reliable. I keep having to reauthorize the account and it is faster for me to go to each individual accounts webpage and pay from there. Cloud sync is still wonky, I give it a go every now and then but it still feels not clean. File segmentation should have been turned on long ago which would allow multiple files to be queried. Validation/repair of files obviously is not perfect and it should be by now. Why two levels of repair? Also, the files should be monitored all the time you should not have to wait for data corruption to determine that there is a problem. Usually I do a net worth query and it shows some rando number in the gazillion before I know there is a problem. Then I need to walk back the backups until the problem is fixed. Then manually work back from there. This stinks. The export import activity failed me... So while I still think aggregation is great and the ability to query historical data overtime is great... [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Amsterdon
    Amsterdon Member
    Ever since the Last UP date previous to the 1-12-22 update Edit bill reminder has stopped responding. Before the 1-12-22 update nothing in Bill and Income worked at all but this latest update seems to have fixed basic use like to delete a reminder. Now what does not still work is if you need to edit a certain bill the program does not respond and you are forced to close the program.
This discussion has been closed.