Foreign Investments

Shaun World
Shaun World Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
New year new updates coming no doubt.

Due to travel for work I've built a large investment on overseas markets....
I'm easily able to add foreign investments and update prices in a google sheets document I track these overseas investments with.

eg. LON:IWDA calls the up to date info for iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc)

Is it really so difficult for Quicken to be able to do so to?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Sorry, Quicken's quote provider for the US only has quotes for US exchanges. If you set up the Google sheet to save the prices in an appropriate CSV format, you can import them into Quicken.

You will need a separate account in Quicken for each currency you want to support.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is it really so difficult for Quicken to be able to do so to?
    In my opinion the difficulty has nothing to do with it.

It is quite simple, you might get quotes for free from Google, but a business like Quicken Inc can't, they have to pay for it.  And so, they have to weigh that price against the needs of their target customers, which mostly don't have investments in foreign exchanges.  Not to mention that there is a price for every exchange, and where they might satisfy X number of customers by paying for say the London exchange, others would want other exchanges all over the world.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the answer.  For may years I have held positions on several London equities (not ADRs) and Quicken updates the quotes daily.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Stu said:
    I don't understand the answer.  For may years I have held positions on several London equities (not ADRs) and Quicken updates the quotes daily.
    Very possible, but the quotes wouldn't come from their third-party quote service.
    Quicken also gets prices from your financial institution when it downloads transactions.
    So, as long as your financial institution is providing the prices (which is only for securities you own) you will get them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.