I have a "problem" Income Reminder that I cannot edit or remove.

I've used the File Validation tool and the resulting report says it's removed a problematic reminder but yet I still can't remove the reminder. What can I do to fix this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @rebvb,

Thank you for your response, and sorry for any confusion.

Please sign out of your software and then sign back in. You can do this by going to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts>Sign in as a different user>Type "yes">Follow the prompts until you are completely signed out.

Close and reopen Quicken and then sign back in. Let us know if the reminder is still present.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

Answers

• rebvb
    rebvb Member ✭✭
    While waiting I found and ran the instructions for Super Validation. Still no luck.
  • Hello @rebvb,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Can you please provide us with the full pathway of your data file location? You can find this easily by going to File>Show this file on my computer. Once there you can copy the file pathway from the bar in the top of the file explorer and then paste it here.

Also, check to make sure that your data file is not being accessed/backed up by any cloud services or third-party apps. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you press the Ctrl key when you attempt to Delete the reminder.
  • rebvb
    rebvb Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sherlock. I tried that and still no luck.
  • rebvb
    rebvb Member ✭✭
    Quicken Alyssa,

Is it normal to provide Quicken with my personal data file? Can you access it without my providing the password? How is it protected and how is it disposed of after you are done with it?
  • rebvb
    rebvb Member ✭✭
    Sorry, just reread your request. You are only looking for the path. Here it is:

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Quicken\Quicken Backups
  • rebvb
    rebvb Member ✭✭
    > @rebvb said:
    > Sorry, just reread your request. You are only looking for the path. Here it is:
    >
    > C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Quicken\Quicken Backups

I am not using a cloud backup service.

>
    >
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @rebvb,

Thank you for your response, and sorry for any confusion.

Please sign out of your software and then sign back in. You can do this by going to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts>Sign in as a different user>Type "yes">Follow the prompts until you are completely signed out.

Close and reopen Quicken and then sign back in. Let us know if the reminder is still present.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• rebvb
    rebvb Member ✭✭
    Success! Thank you so much! Now if only I can get my income and bill reminders to automatically record in my register based on the days I've selected. This looks to be another issue and I will review the other discussions about it.
    Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.