Fidelity Netbenefits New Account setup

Minnow04
Minnow04 Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I'm setting up a new 401k account in Quicken from Fidelity Netbenefits. When I add the new account, once it connects, it doesn't give me the option of 401k in type of account. Only Brokerage, IRA, or 529 options. Is there a way to designate it as 401k or will it make a difference if it says IRA?

Comments

• Hello @Minnow04,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your question!

I do not think it will make a difference if it classifies it as an IRA. In some cases, there are tax-exempt accounts that would be affected by this misclassification. However, I would just try adding the account as an IRA and go from there, to see if it makes any difference or not.

Quicken Alyssa

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minnow04 Are you using "Fidelity Investments" as the Financial Institution?  Or "Fidelity NetBenefits" as the FI?
    Using "Fidelity Investments" will get the results that you reported ... while "Fidelity NetBenefits" will get the results you want.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Minnow04
    Minnow04 Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > @Minnow04  Are you using "Fidelity Investments" as the Financial Institution?  Or "Fidelity NetBenefits" as the FI?Using "Fidelity Investments" will get the results that you reported ... while "Fidelity NetBenefits" will get the results you want.

Yes, I used Fidelity NetBenefits as the institution. My employer transferred the 401k administration to there at the beginning of the year
This discussion has been closed.