My accounts show all months except April May and June but it shows the months before and after.

Mr B Smith
Mr B Smith Member
My accounts show all months except April May and June 2021 but it shows the months before and after up to the present day. It is accessing all of my accounts but no transactions from any bank from April 1st to June 30. What am I doing wrong - Quicken Online for Mac. Thank you.

Answers

• Tyne60
    Tyne60 Member
    I have the same issue. I could not upload the downloaded transactions from SunTrust. Quicken wants to login and download the transaction and not accept the transactions from download file. After logging in, it downloaded only the transactions for December 2021. After repeating the process and reentering the login data, it downloaded another 2 months. It has not down loaded any transactions for the months of June thru September 2021 after several attempts! I have no idea how to fix it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Financial institutions control how much back data they will download to Quicken. In most cases, it's the past 90 days. Quicken has no way to reach to to download older transactions.

That said, you may be able to get additional months of 2021 if your bank provides an option for you to download a file in the proper format, which can then be imported into Quicken. When you log into the bank's site, look around to see if there is an option to download transaction history; if yes, then look to see if there is a "Quicken" or "QFX" download format available. (QIF or CSV or other formats won't work.) Download the file, then in Quicken, do File > Import > Bank or Brokerage File (OFX, QFX). It may give you the option to link to an existing Quicken account, or it may import into a new account.

If it imports into your existing account, then you will have duplicate transactions for the past 90 days which you'll need to delete. If it imports into a new account, select all the transactions from the date range you need, and drag one of those highlighted transactions into the existing account in the left sidebar. Then you can delete the account created by the import (which should now contain only the duplicate transactions you don't need) by Control-clicking on it in the sidebar and selecting delete.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • FlynJim
    FlynJim Member
    I have the same issue, that I'm missing three months of data when I let my subscription expire and did not update. Now I re-subscribed and am missing July-September 2021 data. When I go to my bank and download the QFX file (QFX (Quicken WebConnect) all seems ok. When I import it with Quicken, it seems to work, but then says 0 files imported. I tried two methods. File Import, and then in settings for the account I selected connection type to Web connect, dropped the file in the box. Nothing was imported. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or why it won't accept the file. It even prompts for the correct account with the financial institution.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    FlynJim said:
    I have the same issue, that I'm missing three months of data when I let my subscription expire and did not update. Now I re-subscribed and am missing July-September 2021 data. When I go to my bank and download the QFX file (QFX (Quicken WebConnect) all seems ok. When I import it with Quicken, it seems to work, but then says 0 files imported. I tried two methods. File Import, and then in settings for the account I selected connection type to Web connect, dropped the file in the box. Nothing was imported. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or why it won't accept the file. It even prompts for the correct account with the financial institution.
    Hello @FlynJim,

I know download issues like these can be frustrating. Thanks for contacting us about this problem. Are you noticing this issue with respect to more than one account? Also, which banking institution or institutions are you working with? You might try connecting via the Direct Connect method; this would be achieved by going into the Settings menu at the lower right-hand corner of the Quicken window with the symptomatic account selected and then going into the Downloads tab and clicking on Disconnect Account.

You would do this for every account associated with the institution attached to the account with which you are experiencing this difficulty. After that is completed, you would then go back into Settings > Downloads > Connect Account, and then you would select Options at the next window, and click on the circle next to Direct Connect.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tyne60
    Tyne60 Member
    This solution does not work since the bank will allow download of only 90 days of transactions at a time. I can create a .QFX file on my computer from the bank for the missing months earlier than 90 day but when I try to import the transactions from the file, it fails with the message the data is no available. Basically it seems that Quicken will not allow data from a file on the computer to be imported!
  • Quicken Jared
    Tyne60 said:
    This solution does not work since the bank will allow download of only 90 days of transactions at a time. I can create a .QFX file on my computer from the bank for the missing months earlier than 90 day but when I try to import the transactions from the file, it fails with the message the data is no available. Basically it seems that Quicken will not allow data from a file on the computer to be imported!
    @Tyne60,

Thank you for continuing to work with us on this problem, and I am sorry the issue remains unresolved. Is there any way you could provide a screenshot of the error message you are seeing when you attempt to import the .QFX files? If you have questions about how to do this, you can follow this thread linked here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

I also want to know if you have tried finding the .QFX files in the Downloads folder by going into Finder, and what the file size appears to be, if you and when you can locate them there.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • The reason the new downloaded QFX files from your bank can't be imported is because Quicken thinks that account is already active in your accounts section. You need to delete that account and then the QFX file will import into Quicken. The next problem is once you do that (say you get all the info from 2021 into you Quicken) when you try to import the new transactions from that some account via direct connect automatically on a daily basis, it doesn't work because again since Quicken thinks you already have that account in you accounts section. That is where I am stuck now. So the question for Jared is: How do you import all of the 2021 transactions via QFX files into Quicken and then go to direct connect for the new transactions for 2022 without confusing Quicken. In other words, how would a brand new Quicken user get all of their 2021 transactions loaded into Quicken ( so we can do our 2021 Taxes) and still have the 2022 transactions from that same bank account updating on a daily basis automatically?
  • Tyne60
    Tyne60 Member
    Jared, Thank you for being responsive. Here is the QFX file I created by downloading 3 months of transactions from my bank.

Yes, I use Finder to locate the file and select File -> Download and get this error message:

I posted 3 images but not sure if they will show up.

Thanks.
  • Tyne60
    Tyne60 Member
    Here is the image of the error message
  • Tyne60
    Tyne60 Member
    Here is the image of the account setting that shows I have not connected the account to the bank:
  • Quicken Jared
    Tyne60 said:
    Here is the image of the account setting that shows I have not connected the account to the bank:
    @Tyne60,

Thank you so much for providing those images, I really appreciate that; it's extremely helpful in situations like this. 

When you click Connect Account, and then you go into the Options menu, what options do you see? Are there any other connection methods available besides Web Connect? Also, it just occurred to me that I should have asked earlier: what financial institution are you working with? 

Lastly, there is an open alert with respect to QFX downloads that may be related. I have linked the thread associated with this here, as it may be beneficial for you to follow:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905187/new-01-03-22-qfx-web-connect-files-not-importing/p1?new=1

I look forward to working with you on this further. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tyne60
    Tyne60 Member
    Quicken Jared,

I bank with Sunburst and attached is the screen shot of the connection options I have.

I will try the link you sent and see if it will work.

Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.