Quicken R37.67 - Year-End Copy menu selection NOT DISPLAYING

AGrego3
AGrego3 Member ✭✭
I see it's been moved to File > Backup or Copy > BUT NOT SHOWING UNDER ADVANCED Options. Any ideas

Best Answer

• AGrego3
    AGrego3 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In my case - Windows 10 Pro and I have a new, very fast, loaded machine with 16gb RAM. I'm going to do a reinstall (yet again) and see if that fixes things. SIDEBAR - been having an increase amount of download transaction issues (old already reconciled) and number showing up in accounts they should not (but they are in the memorized list)

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shows on mine:

How about a screenshot showing us what is missing on your screen?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this reported before in another thread.
    It happens when you change the size of the text.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said: I have seen this reported before in another thread.
    and just to clarify.... this is the WINDOWS Setting for the WINDOWS text size -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• AGrego3
    AGrego3 Member ✭✭
    When reading the reply - it seemed to make sense. I did change from larger fonts both in Quicken and also in Windows display. What I still see it the example above exactly as is - chopping off the second YEC option. I hope Quicken is working on a FIX - as I truly can't see ANYTHING on the default text size.
  • AGrego3
    AGrego3 Member ✭✭
    Does Quicken plan to fix this issue - or - do I need to figure out a process on my own?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Chris_QPW said:
    I have seen this reported before in another thread.

Wonder what version of Windows you are running -
    as my Windows Settings looks different - no slider just 100% vs 125%
    ... Settings --> System --> Display

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    just noticed - there is ANOTHER Windows settings .... Settings --> Ease Of Access --> Display -->
    that has those extra and slightly different settings - .... try looking at THAT menu -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• AGrego3
    AGrego3 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In my case - Windows 10 Pro and I have a new, very fast, loaded machine with 16gb RAM. I'm going to do a reinstall (yet again) and see if that fixes things. SIDEBAR - been having an increase amount of download transaction issues (old already reconciled) and number showing up in accounts they should not (but they are in the memorized list)
  • AGrego3
    AGrego3 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I just spent 22 minutes on hold with the Quicken [Removed - Disruptive]. The guy was unable to offer any other suggestion than it must be my error. I did resolve it with YOUR help. I changed every setting in Quicken and on my machine that had anything to do with FONT sizes and magnification. Completely rebooted (twice) and then opened quicken - although I could BARELY read anything (yes my issue), I did see the YEC function, made my 2022 file and then restored my setting so I can actually see/use quicken. I've used it since 1983, but I was so ready to switch. Thanks for the help
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is a case of where Quicken Inc is mixing the old and the new and it isn't working out.

If you look at most of the text in Quicken when you change that Windows text size setting, nothing changes.  But for some reason in this dialog, they used text that does respond to this setting (and probably others).  When you mix that with fixed size dialog with no scrolling, this is what you get.

Here is very graphic illustration of what is going on, and this why the "scaling problems" in Windows and especially an old program like Quicken that has many generations of GUI APIs in it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.