This is weird....transferred shares to a new investing acct and

pactaz
pactaz Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I recently sold some shares in an investment account (lets say Acct A). Those shares converted to cash an in the transaction section of Acct A I bought new shares from a different fund with the entire amount. Next, I decided I'd put these shares into a NEW investment acct (Acct C) which I created. Back in Acct A I added another transaction to transfer all the new shares to Acct C. But I made a mistake, so I had to go back and edit the Transfer details. I did and when I hit return it populated another line in Acct C - so two identical transactions instead of just one (Acct A only shows one transfer).

There is now way to delete the additional transaction in Acct C. So, I decided to check and see if I could just delete the entire transaction in Acct A and then retry. It again populated another transaction line in Acct C. So, I'm pretty perplexed on how to fix this. Delete Acct C and start over? Or, is there a way to edit the transactions in Acct C--if there is I could not find anywhere. Basically, for an easy process to transfer a new lot of shares into a new Investment Acct (Acct C) and zero Acct A it did not work. Buhler, Buhler......

Edited as "Acct B" populated with an emogi

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Did you try deleting the additional transaction from account C? If so, what happened?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
    Wow. For the longest time of three icons of DASHBOARD, PORTFOLIO and TRANSACTIONS the TRANSACTIONS you could not select (it was unselectable and even a light gray color). I shut everything down and now magically I can select TRANSACTIONS in Acct C and see/edit all of them. That was really weird as they did not show up for a good couple of hours. So, I've been able to delete these duplicate transactions in Acct C now. Again weird!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you ever find that Transactions is grayed out, open the settings for the account and you will likely find the Tracking setting has been set to Simple instead of Detailed; changing it back to Detailed will re-enable the Transactions view.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.