Data File Password Not Working

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't open Quicken Deluxe.

Comments

• I'm having the same problem. Backed up file last night and today I can't open. Asks for password, I enter it and it says Sorry, the password you entered does not match.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @GHRobertson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried using the Reset Password option? If so, could you please explain what happens when attempting to reset the password (any error messages, etc)?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• EWCarman
    EWCarman Member ✭✭
    I also encountered this problem today. Yesterday, it all worked just fine. Backed up. This morning it won't recognize my data file password. Subscription version. There was an update applied a couple of days ago.
  • EWCarman
    EWCarman Member ✭✭
    > @EWCarman said:
    > I also encountered this problem today. Yesterday, it all worked just fine. Backed up. This morning it won't recognize my data file password. Subscription version. There was an update applied a couple of days ago.

The reset seems to have worked. Set the password again, so we'll see how long this lasts. Looks like there might be an issue with your last release.
This discussion has been closed.