Import to Quicken for Mac from Quicken Deluxe Windows 2010 - errors

Options
Marcov
Marcov Member
The import from the Quicken Windows 2010 QDF file to Quicken Mac is not working properly: there are numerous accounts with wrong balances due to many missing transactions or errors in importing transfer transactions between accounts.

There are so many errors in several dozen accounts and nearly many years worth of data that fixing them manually will take a long, long time.

Note that this is a Quicken problem, since the very same Windows QDF file imported perfectly into SEE Finance.

At this point I would like to cancel my subscription and get a refund as Quicken is not usable. How do I get the refund?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Marcov said:
    The import from the Quicken Windows 2010 QDF file to Quicken Mac is not working properly: there are numerous accounts with wrong balances due to many missing transactions or errors in importing transfer transactions between accounts.
    I'd note that the requirements for import into Quicken Mac are for Quicken Windows 2011 or later; a transfer from Quicken 2010 is not supported. (See this Quicken Support webpage.)

I am a Mac user, not a Windows user, so I can't offer any insight on whether the difference between Quicken 2010 and Quicken 2011 is the source of your problems. 

Marcov said:
    At this point I would like to cancel my subscription and get a refund as Quicken is not usable. How do I get the refund?
    You need to contact Quicken Support. You should be able to get a refund if you purchased a subscription within the past 30 days. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Marcov
    Marcov Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information, I purchased it yesterday. Submitted the refund request.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Windows machine is still around one can convert from Quicken Windows 2010 to Quicken Windows 2013 by downloading and installing a free version of Quicken Windows 2013 Deluxe from here:
    https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/ASDES5672FR13/Old_Products/QWIN/QW2013DLX.exe

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.