Issue where credit card account reporting wrong available credit?

Is anyone having an issue where credit card account reporting wrong available credit? I have noticed this recently. Having set a credit limit in account setup my credit remaining in account entry screen is over and above my set credit limit. ie: credit limit = $3250.00, available credit in Quicken is $14,544.00, and on-line balance is $-3099.00, I tried deleting account and starting over but the same thing happens.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab

We're still using R36.38.  All our credit card account registers appear to calculate the available credit as the difference between the amount we specify in the Account Details window (press Ctrl + Shift + E) and the Ending Balance.  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me - just looked at my Chase Mastercard - and what the Quicken Register shows vs Chase website.
    It would appear, that the "Credit" at the bottom is a Quicken calc from YOUR credit limit as set in the Account Details,
    and NOT having anything to do with the actual CC credit limit as stated on the bank website -
    Set the Account details at $15,000 and the actual Chase limit on the website is $25,000...  14,676 + 323 = 15,000

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    For me - just looked at my Chase Mastercard - and what the Quicken Register shows vs Chase website.
    It would appear, that the "Credit" at the bottom is a Quicken calc from YOUR credit limit as set in the Account Details,
    and NOT having anything to do with the actual CC credit limit as stated on the bank website -
    Set the Account details at $15,000 and the actual Chase limit on the website is $25,000...  14,676 + 323 = 15,000

There is a bug in Quicken where it isn't showing the credit limit like it used to for "most people" (it is cutoff, it is on a second line (maybe even third line) that they have not given enough space to).  You can barely see the top of it in my screenshot:

At any rate I never liked the way they calculated this value.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah - I saw that too...
    BUT.... the Credit Remaining number displayed is still Quicken calc'd from the user entered limit on the Account Details and NOT sent from the bank -
    Just change it to some random number, and then go look at the Register again -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    yeah - I saw that too...
    BUT.... the Credit Remaining number displayed is still Quicken calc'd from the user entered limit on the Account Details and NOT sent from the bank -
    Just change it to some random number, and then go look at the Register again -
    Yes, but I took this statement, as that is what has been set:
    dallenjr said:
    Having set a credit limit in account setup my credit remaining in account entry screen

Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just sharing - same image - with text cutoff
    and $5,000 Credit Remaining as per the Account Details  - NOT bank numbers

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dallenjr said: Having set a credit limit in account setup my credit remaining in account entry screen is over and above my set credit limit. ie: credit limit = $3250.00, available credit in Quicken is $14,544.00, and on-line balance is $-3099.00.
    I may have mis-interpreted what you were sharing...
    A - you have gone into the Quicken credit card Account Details and manually entered a Credit Limit for this account ?
    B - the Credit Remaining (with text cut off) displayed at the bottom of the credit card Register is NOT math correct ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oops, I was thinking the number for "Credit" was the "Credit Limit", because of what I glanced at, and this really shows why I don't like how they calculate it.
    Credit limit set to $14,500.

Note that Credit is $14,500.  It is that amount because I have a reminder set to pay off the balance on 2/13/2022 that they are including in the calculation.  This is of course completely wrong.  I can't spend $14,500 until after that payment goes through.
    Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW - does that "Credit Limit" or the "Credit Remaining" appear anywhere else... any reports ? 
    vs just on the bottom line of the Register ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• dallenjr
    dallenjr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    To my knowledge it only appears at bottom of register.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dallenjr said:
    Too my knowledge it only appears at bottom of register.
    Other than in the Edit Account Details dialog, Credit Limit also appears in
    • the Property & Debt tab's Debt view in a view showing "Selected Liability and Credit Accounts". In this tabular view fields shown in blue text can be clicked on to select and make changes.
    • the Home tab's traditional My Money view can be customized to add a view like "Credit Card Accounts" to show a list of credit card accounts and their current balances. Similar views for other account types are also available

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    UKR said:
    Other than in the Edit Account Details dialog, Credit Limit also appears in
    • the Property & Debt tab's Debt view in a view showing "Selected Liability and Credit Accounts". In this tabular view fields shown in blue text can be clicked on to select and make changes.
    • the Home tab's traditional My Money view can be customized to add a view like "Credit Card Accounts" to show a list of credit card accounts and their current balances. Similar views for other account types are also available
    tnx - yup - all locally driven by the Edit Account details --> Credit Limit 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.