Anyone else having issues with recurring OL-362 errors?

I have become quite adept at resolving OL-362 (sync) errors by disconnecting and then reconnecting direct connect accounts in the Account List (ctrl-A). This is because I am having frequent issues in receiving the red light and the error messages. I have numerous accounts across numerous Quicken Files which access the same Financial Service Providers and I expect that is where the error is coming from, but it surely would be nice if it went away. It takes a lot of time and effort to re-set-up old accounts and I just wonder if this is me or the software? I have validated my files as well, just to be sure, and signed out and in to Quicken as well. I should add I have been using Quicken for over 40 years so I have learned to expect stuff like this and right now everything is ok but who knows what will happen tomorrow. Service providers causing trouble at the moment are Wells Fargo and Raymond James.

Comments

• Diver42420
    Diver42420 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I'm a long-time Quicken for Windows user (R37.66 on windows 10). Yesterday when doing my online update I got a bunch of OL-362-A errors on all mine and my spouses Vanguard, Fidelity, Ally, etc accounts. I did the tedious deactivate/reactivate to fix all that and it's now gone. But I noticed today when I loaded quicken that our checking balance in quicken is way off, all red/negative. When I go to reconcile (which I do every month) it has the wrong starting balance (negative). Is there anyway to troubleshoot or fix this?

UPDATE: Did a validate and got pages of errors on transactions from long ago, etc. Going to restore to a file from before this happened, but not ever sure how that screws up things like transactions that were downloaded since that restore point, do they get re-downloaded somehow?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    First off let me say that my first course of action if I got such errors would be to restart Quicken.  See this thread for one of the causes of this kind of problem.  My second course of action would be to wait and try again.  This is most likely a server problem if restarting Quicken doesn't help.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899919/sequence-causes-ol-362-a-errors

And as you can see from that reported bug (which I don't know is fixed or not) deactivating and reactivating can cause more problems.

UPDATE: Did a validate and got pages of errors on transactions from long ago, etc. Going to restore to a file from before this happened, but not ever sure how that screws up things like transactions that were downloaded since that restore point, do they get re-downloaded somehow?
    If you restore from a backup (or use an older copy of the data file) and then download again it will redownload the transactions "up to a limit".

There are a few things going on here.
    1. There is an "as of" date sent when requesting the transactions from the financial institution.  And that date in the old copy will of course be a past date before you did the update.
    2. There is a limit to how far back a financial institution will send transactions no matter how old the "as of" date is.  Typically, this is 90 days.
    3. When Quicken downloads transactions it records the transactions "unique Id", and if it sees it again it will skip it.
    So, for an older data file the "as of" date will be old enough to get the transactions again provided it isn't a real long time ago (more then #2).  #3 doesn't apply because it is before Quicken saved the unique Ids in the data file.

I do a lot of testing for various problems, and some of them require redownloading transactions.  I do this with an older copy of the data file.  It is better to use a copy than restore from backup if you have it.  The reason is that with the Restore they create a new Quicken cloud dataset and there is a limited amount of these, whereas with a copy they don't create a new Quicken cloud dataset.  There is one potential problem with older copies and that is that maybe it would mess up the Sync to Mobile/Web in rare cases.  But I don't use Sync to Mobile/Web, so I don't have to worry about that.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I had some issues with dormant accounts still requesting data from Quicken. Once I eliminated them I seem to have eliminated this problem.
This discussion has been closed.