Placeholder transaction

melS
melS Member ✭✭
During January when download issues occurred in Schwab accounts, on January 22, 2022, one of my securities vanished from my Schwab portfolio in Quicken. Now a "placeholder" has appeared replacing that position. How do I get this snafu reversed and my actual position back in my reports?

Comments

• Hello @melS,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Which security is now missing? Have you tried adding this security manually? Also, if possible, can you please provide some screenshots of what you are seeing on your end?

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• melS
    melS Member ✭✭
    Today (2.1.2022) my Schwab download deleted my Money Fund, SWVXX, and a pop up ask my to "verify my cash" balance. The balance I was asked to verify was my cash balance plus SWVXX. I verified the cash that excluded SWVXX. When I tried to "add shares" to replace the missing SWVXX. Q told me I was trying to adjust a share balance that had a "placeholder" so the add would not change my share balance. When I ask "show me" link to show me the placeholder Q says there is no placeholder! The same thing happened last month in another Schwab account which has SWVXX as a security.
    I am then able to add shares the next day but they again disappear! Very frustrating stuff! Why can't I see and eliminate the erroneous placeholders? Or, why can't I correct the share balance?
    This is happening in all my Schwab accounts with SWVXX!
  • WordStar
    WordStar Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    The 'verify' message and placeholder entries are unneeded [Removed - Speculation]. I just ignore and delete the unnecessary entry, which is a daily irritation.
  • timburgh
    timburgh Member ✭✭
    I have this daily hassle and would prefer to avoid it, obviously.
    When the Schwab conversion occurred, for each Schwab account (as I recall??) I was given the option to treat money funds as cash. I did this election for one account, and that's the one that is giving me the "Verify Cash Balance" pop-up every time I download transactions.
    Isn't there a way to change the election so that the SWVXX money fund is NOT treated as cash?
    Is this forum monitored by Quicken?
    I tried calling Quicken support but they were no help.
This discussion has been closed.