Quicken version 37.67
IOS version 15.3
Windows 11 Home 2H2 22000.469
Quicken Mobile Version 6.15.0

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @QJohnA

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you, could you please clarify what “scan to sign in mobile” means? Are you scanning your fingerprint, a QR code or something else? 

Please elaborate so that we may provide guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • QJohnA
    QJohnA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I'm referring to a feature in your latest release (37.67). Supposedly I can scan a QR code and sign into the mobile app. It's the last option under Mobile & Web in the Toolbar. The generated QR code isn't doing what you claim it should.
    I can't post the generated QR code because, if it worked, everybody with an Iphone could log into the app with my ID.
  • QJohnA
    QJohnA Member ✭✭
    Anybody? Nobody else has problems with this? If I'm doing something dumb, tell me. I can handle it.
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    QJohnA said:
    Anybody? Nobody else has problems with this? If I'm doing something dumb, tell me. I can handle it.
    I gave it a try, didn’t work got the same kind of message as you.🤔
  • QJohnA
    QJohnA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Still not working with release 38.29. Followed the attached. Nothing happens.
  • QJohnA
    QJohnA Member ✭✭
    Is this feature working for anybody? I tried signing in as a different user. I got my hopes up when Windows Defender said it had blocked certain features of the Quicken desktop app, so I allowed all access, then nothing. Obviously, I'm missing something. Enlighten me please.
    I realize this isn't a priority because I can still sign into the mobile app with a username and password, but 'scan to sign in mobile' is a feature of Quicken desktop, and being offered, it should work.
    I won't make any more posts about this. I might check again sometime and find out if it's working for me someday. Goodbye all.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just tried this (I normally don't use Quicken mobile for anything other than testing for people), and it worked for me. I'm on release R38.26.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • QJohnA
    QJohnA Member ✭✭
    Well, guess what? It turns out the scan must be initiated from the app, and your Iphone must be about a foot or more away from the QR Code for this to work.
    Posting this for anyone else having trouble with this feature.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @QJohnA

Thank you for your feedback. Your insight knowledge is appreciated. I will make sure to refer other users with this issue to your suggestion/solution. 

Thank you again!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I see it was just a misunderstanding on how it worked.  I was thinking of posting screenshots, but then I thought they weren't really needed.

This really seems like a strange feature to me.  Here you have to kick it off from Quicken Desktop, so that you can log into your mobile App.  If you have Quicken Desktop in front of you, why would you need to run the mobile App?

Might as well post the screenshots now I guess:
    Mobile & Web -> Scan to Sign in Mobile

Maybe the message should say "Point your mobile device camera at ..."
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW - I used the QR Code to initially log into the Mobile app (Android) for one of my TEST files and then set up the app to use my fingerprint for future logins.  Since then I have not needed the QR Code.  Beyond that initial setup login I agree that use of this QR Code with Mobile does seem odd.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.