Lost password ability in One Step Update [using R 38.26]

After the recent update to R38.26 the ability to apply password for the One Step Update disappeared. When I go to One Step Update Settings I cannot add a password and all the passwords for my financial institution transaction downloads disappeared. The only items that download are stock quotes but no transactions.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @norminnj,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• norminnj
    norminnj Member
    The same issue occurs with a backup prior to update and with a completely different file. The problem begins when I do tools>online center nothing appears in the list of financial institutions. There is no financial institution I can select or type in to put in the password vault to download transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update and additional information.

Since you mentioned that you are currently still running version release R38.26, next, I suggest updating your Quicken program to the latest version release; R38.29 and see if doing so will help resolve this issue.

To update, please navigate to Help > Check for updates, or you can download and install the R38.29 Mondo Patch through this support article

-Quicken Anja

• norminnj
    norminnj Member
    I already had done that and there was no change. I also downloaded and reinstalled with no change.
  • norminnj
    norminnj Member
    Thank you for your help. I just got it to work by clicking the + on the green bar at the top and it let me set up the account.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you found a solution that works for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.