Stock Price not updating for - AMZN Amazon

El Hud
El Hud Member ✭✭
I have one (1) stock that will not automatically update the price when I Update->Quotes. (I have to manually input the stock price) Where can I switch this to automatically update and not manual input? Thank you

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken's quote updates only work for publicly traded securities. For the US version of Quicken, they must be traded on US exchanges. Assuming this security meets these requirements,

Go to Tools > Security list and select the security. Make sure the Symbol is correct. Click on Edit and correct it if necessary.

Also make sure the Download Quotes box is checked.

If you do not currently hold any shares of this security and you want the quotes to download, the Watch List box must also be checked.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jim. I do own the stock and its Amazon; AMZN. I made sure the box is checked, (it was not) so thank you on that. However, even though it's after hours, my other stocks are updating to their closing price but AMZN is not updating. I will save my work and and try again during the open market tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Hud said: I do own the stock and its Amazon; AMZN.
    How does your line look compared to this one ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    I don't have the CUSIP in mine? Is that my issue?vCan it be added?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you create a security that isn't used in your accounts, it won't have a CUSIP ID which gets added when you match it to the online security.  But that shouldn't prevent it from getting the price.  I just added Amazon and go this.

So, I don't know why yours isn't connected to an online security, since you say you own it.  And I don't know why you aren't getting the price.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    It works! Thank you all!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Hud said: 
    It works! Thank you all!
    What did you do ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is that I checked the Download Quote box. It was after hours and I'm not sure if I was getting a good connection. I logged off and on and updated during market hours and it worked. I did notice that I do not have a CUSIP ID for AAPL, however, it updates fine. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.