How do I print addresses on a #9 envelope?

dj10
dj10 Member ✭✭
:/ The program defaults to a #10 envelope and even if I select #9 on my HP Laser printer, the addresses print at dimensions based on a #10 envelope.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @dj10 You can submit that suggestion by going to the Home page and selecting New Post -> New Idea.  That is how Quicken Inc takes suggestions and it allows people to vote on the idea so that Quicken Inc can get an idea of how many people want it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often people use window envelopes for checks, because that saves a printing step and eliminates the possibility of mismatching the check and the envelope.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • dj10
    dj10 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I don't use window envelopes. I keep #9 and #10 envelopes and print the return and destination addresses as needed. [Removed - Unhelpful]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that the Quicken Address Book does not support printing to other types / sizes of envelopes.
    As an alternative, have you tried to export the selected addresses to a .TXT or .CSV delimited file? You should be able to import this file into MS Word, do a mail merge and print your #9s from there.
  • dj10
    dj10 Member ✭✭
    Thx to all for the suggestions and input. The extra steps of text conversion and export are simply not convenient. I'll continue to use the required #10 envelope. As an opinion from a long time user of Quicken... the program should allow the selection and use of other sizes than the #10!!! A #9 envelope is closer to the size of Quicken checks and still allows for insertion of standard "letter" size documents to also be included. Not to mention the difference in weight of the #9 vs #10 envelope for mailing costs.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @dj10 You can submit that suggestion by going to the Home page and selecting New Post -> New Idea.  That is how Quicken Inc takes suggestions and it allows people to vote on the idea so that Quicken Inc can get an idea of how many people want it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.