Dark Mode for Quicken for Windows (6 Merged Votes)

Comments

• +1 on Dark Mode before I go blind! Either that or provide special "Quicken" sunglasses or a braille version!
  • GeezerGeek
    GeezerGeek Member ✭✭✭
    Pretty Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Dark Mode!
    Quicken user since 1991, DOS version
  • agreed
  • jburns
    jburns Member ✭✭
    Dear Quicken,
    This is another vote for dark mode. Please add ASAP. Thank you.
  • JerryG
    JerryG Member ✭✭
    I am actively seeking an alternative to Quicken. I am tired of needing sunglasses to balance my account. In todays market DARK MODE IS REQUIRED.
  • I'm tired of looking for the way to vote. So this post is my vote YES to fix Quicken to not have the glare of the sun blinding me while I try to balance my checkbook. PLEASE FIX THIS ANCIENT PROBLEM!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of looking for the way to vote. So this post is my vote YES to fix Quicken to not have the glare of the sun blinding me while I try to balance my checkbook. PLEASE FIX THIS ANCIENT PROBLEM!
    Once they set the status to Planned, you can't vote on it anymore.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dark mode please. Almost all Windows apps support this. Supposed to be in the roadmap since 2019. Now we are at the end of 2021 (2022 in 3 weeks).
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Dark mode please. Almost all Windows apps support this. Supposed to be in the roadmap since 2019. Now we are at the end of 2021 (2022 in 3 weeks).
    Except websites like this one.   ;)
    Signature:
  • Ricorguy
    Ricorguy Member
    You stated 1 year and 4 months ago that this was a planned feature for Windows, but you had no ETA. Can we get an update? I use your app daily and find it TOO BRIGHT. Mac users have the option already.
  • Zorz Studios
    Zorz Studios Member ✭✭
    +1 for the dark mode, please.
  • lsedhi
    lsedhi Member
    It's 2022 guys!! PLEASE release Quicken dark mode for Windows 11 asap! My eyes thank you.
  • Fletch200
    Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's in 'preview' for the Mac version? Patiently waiting for the Windows version - but I'm running out of patience.
  • GeezerGeek
    GeezerGeek Member ✭✭✭
    Blinded by the Light! Dark mode SOON PLEASE!
    Quicken user since 1991, DOS version
  • Dark Mode... Please and Thank You.
    I think Quicken is the very last app that I use regularly, that *does not* yet have a Dark Mode.
  • flashb
    flashb Member
    It seems they can't even enable it on this website.
    Quicken, get with the times, please!
  • KSlayton
    KSlayton Member ✭✭
    +1 for windows dark mode
  • KSlayton
    KSlayton Member ✭✭
    +1 for Windows dark mode
  • gcummins
    gcummins Member
    Dark Mode for Quicken Windows
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I got tired of waiting along with my eyes. I have a fix. I'm wearing my Oakley Bronze sunglasses and turned the brightness up a little. Works perfect! Remember to take them off immediately after signing off Quicken though, if you "subscribe" (no pun intended) to this process at night, be sure to take them off so you don't walk into a wall or fall down the stairs. I've held my breath long enough, as that also has started to B) affect my eyesight. Am thinking of starting deep sea diving lessons, as I can hold my breath for about 3 minutes now. Thank you Quicken!
  • david16
    david16 Member ✭✭
    I'm learning about Dark Mode as a result of a recent retina problem with resulting partial loss of central vision in my good eye. I'm happy that Windows 11 supports Dark Mode, and my favorite text editor, and (sort of) Adobe Acrobat, which makes it much easier to work. But now at tax time I need to be reading Quicken screens a lot so I could really use it now! Using Gray background in Quicken for now.
  • Nick6504
    Nick6504 Member ✭✭
    I have an eye condition that makes it difficult for me to read black text on light backgrounds. I desperately need a dark theme for Quicken.
  • VTAdam
    VTAdam Member
    +1 for dark mode.
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    +1 for dark mode
  • +1 for dark mode
  • Mike650101
    Mike650101 Member ✭✭
    Dark mode is obviously not on Quicken's radar, even though everyone and their dog is clamoring for it. I can't wait until a viable replacement comes out and I can kick Quicken to the curb. It's obvious it runs on a legacy platform that is hard to upgrade, which is a shame. It used to be the gold standard of personal finance software, but they obviously haven't kept up with the times. I've had so many issues with it lately that I'm actively looking for a replacement.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Dark mode is obviously not on Quicken's radar, even though everyone and their dog is clamoring for it. I can't wait until a viable replacement comes out and I can kick Quicken to the curb. It's obvious it runs on a legacy platform that is hard to upgrade, which is a shame. It used to be the gold standard of personal finance software, but they obviously haven't kept up with the times. I've had so many issues with it lately that I'm actively looking for a replacement.
    It is on their "radar", it even says that it is "Planned".  But I can tell you that with all the different APIs that Quicken is made up from all the different years it is a very difficult thing to do, and other problems could certainly have higher priority.

As for finding a good replacement, good luck with that.  I have heard the same statement for 25 years.
    Signature:
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Never say never!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - well, this is two years old - wanting Quicken to expend resources to implement Dark Mode support...
    I would personally prefer those same Quicken resources be deployed on FIXING the cultural errors that happen with every release and cause major bugs and corrupted data files......  
    So - Dark Mode vs an advanced working Validate & Repair - your choice - your vote -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the fix., but have to ask, will there be a Baille version in the near future?