Quicken Installer is Failing (Windows error 1722)

Jim Hood
Jim Hood Member
Hi,

I have Windows 11. The installer fails to complete with exit code 1722. Not sure what next to do.

I can provide the install.log file, but didn't want to paste its contents here as the file is quite lengthy.

Best,
Jim

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hello @Jim Hood,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim Hood
    Jim Hood Member
    Thanks Anja for the reply! What is weird is that I saw another post about the 1722 error in that the app was working despite the installer problem. That was also the case for me and the app even did an update of itself successfully after launching.
This discussion has been closed.