FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta

Date Payee    Category Memo    Payment
1/31/2021 I Bond - C Investment:Savings Bonds     Same    Various
1/31/2021 I Bond - A Investment:Savings Bonds Same    Various
1/31/2022 I Bond - B Investment:Savings Bonds Same    Various

Comments

• FlyerFran
    As shown in the Screen Shot, the bonds are not in alphabetical order when viewing the entire Payee Name.  I've already tried Copy or Cut and Paste, or Insert before Copy or Cut (using Q' & Windows commands), but can't get either to work.  I know that if I re-enter all the transactions in the correct order I can sort by: "Order Entered" or by "Date/Order Entered" Entry Date to get what I want, but before doing that I was wondering if anyone had a better idea.  Thanks.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you seeing this? 
    Because I-Bonds would normally be held in an Investment type of account ... and there's no PAYEE column in Investment accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• FlyerFran
    Set up as a savings account.  Payees are the variuos bonds bought with prices and dates with corresponding deposits
     to zero  account.  Then list the bonds again with the dates and current values whenever i update the account - december each year.. 

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    FlyerFran said:
    Set up as a savings account.  Payees are the variuos bonds bought with prices and dates with corresponding deposits
     to zero  account.  Then list the bonds again with the dates and current values whenever i update the account - december each year.. 

What are you sorted on?
    Quicken doesn't allow sorting on multiple entries.  In other words, if you are sorted on the date, the Payees aren't guaranteed to be in sorted order.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.