no uncleared items to reconcile

NewportBeach92660
NewportBeach92660 Member ✭
December 2021 edited January 13
Since a recent Quicken update, while I'm able to download transactions from my Capital One accounts into Quicken, I'm unable to reconcile my Capital One bank and credit card accounts using "Control+R". After pressing "Control+R" I get a pop-up message that reads "no uncleared items to reconcile". This is wrong and the error forces me to manually reconcile all my Capital One accounts. This issue does not affect my non-Capital One accounts. I've tried resetting my "Quicken Express Web Connect+" connection for Capital One accounts, but does not resolve this issue. Any suggestions?
Tagged: Reconcile

This is obviously an upgrade bug! I have this with Capital One, Chase, Wells Fargo CC, etc. Only my Amex is working properly. The rest I have the mark the transactions reconciled one by one or get whined at by quicken doing a paper statement reconcile.

Since I'm paying a rental fee for this software I expect it to work. This is very disappointing as was the response to this ticket. [Removed - Profanity]
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the Online Balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution is not reliable, I suggest reconciling the register using the balance on a statement obtained from the financial institution.
  • Marc L
    Marc L Member ✭✭
    With a single bank I could almost buy that.
    It is MULTIPLE banks -- Chase, Capital One, Wells Fargo, etc. and multiple account types. It also happened at the same time. Explain that.

Something broke in the one-step update or a quicken update corrupted my file and thereby my accounts.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Marc L said:
    With a single bank I could almost buy that.
    It is MULTIPLE banks -- Chase, Capital One, Wells Fargo, etc. and multiple account types. It also happened at the same time. Explain that.

Something broke in the one-step update or a quicken update corrupted my file and thereby my accounts.
    As as WAG, I would guess you were using the unreliable Express Web Connect connection method.  Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Regardless, an incorrect date of the Online Balance would explain the symptom as you described it.  If you are unable to reconcile using a statement, the issue would point at incorrect Downloaded Posting Dates.   If you want to rely on the unreliable Online Balance to reconcile you registers, I suggest you raise the appropriate issue with Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • Marc L
    Marc L Member ✭✭
    R38.29 seems to have fixed the problem. November 1 was my last balance update prior to applying their latest patch. Once I applied the patch now my balances are current in all the accounts I checked.

I have had problems switching over to Express Web Connect. I have tried to switch as quicken whines about "improved connection", but the switchover was buggy.

As a quicken user for well over a decade I continue to be disappointed the product gets quirkier and buggier as it goes on.
  • TR4A
    TR4A Member ✭✭
    > @Marc L said:
    > R38.29 seems to have fixed the problem.

I have R38.29 and have multiple accounts getting "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" message.
  • Marc L
    Marc L Member ✭✭
    I don't know what to tell you.
    I tried One Step Update before I applied the fix. Immediately after applying the update I tried One Step Update again and all my broken accounts went from balance last updated 11/1 to last updated <today>.
    Clearly Quicken has some sort of problem. I also tried quicken file fix, but it found only minimal problems. You could possibly try that.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't with Quicken (the program) so an update of the program isn't going to fix it.

On the other hand, there are "constant" changes going on with the Intuit server (which is the aggregator that Quicken Inc pays to download the transactions), and the financial institution websites, and maybe even in the "Quicken Connection Services" which sync the data retrieved from Intuit with the Quicken Desktop program.

So, on any given day things may be "fixed" or my "break".  That is the nature of the Express Web Connect "service".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.