Cash Flow by Tags Report and Realized Gain

Options
Marys
Marys Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I am using tags to keep separate transactions for my mom, her estate, and a trust. My cash flow by Tags report for 2021 has 4 columns: non-tagged (non tax-related), Mom, Mom's Estate, and Trust. All my transactions appear in the correct columns except for realized gain. The tags don't seem to have any bearing on realized gain.  It is ALL under the non-tagged column, but should be split between Mom, the estate, and Trust.  All the related transactions, shares, sales, etc. are tagged appropriately. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? How can I get the realized gain to appear in the correct column?

Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Marys,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

I would recommend restoring from a backup as it appears that there may be some sort of bug in your current file that is preventing the gains to appear in their properly tagged categories. 

You can restore a backup by:
    1. In Quicken, select File > Restore from Backup...
    2. Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
    3. Select the file to restore.
    4. Click Choose.
    I have also included an article that includes these instructions and also goes into more detail regarding saving and restoring backups:

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Marys
    Marys Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Jasmine. I restored from backup but all the realized gain is still in the untagged column.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Marys,

Thanks for the response, I am sorry to hear that this is still occurring. 

Was the backup that you restored from before this error had started?

I look forward to hearing your response,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.