Go to matching transfer option missing.

Options
Darren@
Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta
In checking or credit card register, right-clicking on a transfer transaction does not provide "Go to matching transfer" option. In investment register, the pop-up menu is correct.

In fact, the popup menu in a banking/credit card register is the default Windows popup (with "Right to left reading order", "Open IME", etc). According to previous posts, Quicken is supposed to override this menu. And it was working up until a recent update. I'm now running Quicken Deluxe R38.29.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Darren@

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To obtain a better understanding of the issue could you please attach a screenshot? For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No matter what field I click on a Transfer transaction in my checking account, it still offers that "Go To" option down near the bottom of the menu.
    I'm, also, running R38.29
    SO, I'm wondering if your Q data file is corrupted.  Have you tried validating it?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Darren@
    Options
    To reproduce:
    1. Open Bank Register.
    2. Select last entry in list.
    3. Right click some other entry.
    Focus moves but no drop down menu.
    4. Right click again.
    Non-Quicken context menu displayed. See attached picture.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    No matter what field I click on a Transfer transaction in my checking account, it still offers that "Go To" option down near the bottom of the menu.
    I'm, also, running R38.29
    SO, I'm wondering if your Q data file is corrupted.  Have you tried validating it?
    This wouldn't be about data file corruption.  This has to be more that some kind "GUI" difference, most likely something different in the Windows settings or GPU.

If you want to see that menu and your keyboard has a "menu button", go to any field and press it.

On very rare occasions I seen this menu come up instead of the one Quicken overrides it with, but it isn't something that I can do on demand just doing normal clicking and typing.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Darren@
    Options
    After restarting Quicken, I see the normal/expected context menu behavior. Should have been the first thing I tried. ;-)
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Darren@

Thank you for your response. We are glad that you were able to solve your issue. If you run into any other issues or have questions please let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.