Convert from QIF or QFX to CSV

I'm using R38.29. On-line conversations indicate there's an easy way to covert with Quicken. None of the options (select PRINT, then save in CSV) are on this version of the program. HELP!!

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dancutrer@

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what is the reason for converting? Also, I took a further look into your Quicken account and noticed that you do not have Quicken downloaded yet. Could you please confirm that you are/intend on using Quicken for Windows?

Please elaborate so that we may provide the proper guidance. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • then your account is faulty. I'm using version R38.29, and have for over a half-dozen years.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    then your account is faulty. I'm using version R38.29, and have for over a half-dozen years.
    You could be using a different account to log in here than the one you use for running.  I certainly do that.

At any case you need to explain what kind of conversion you have in mind.  It isn't clear based on your original question.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dancutrer@

Pardon the confusion. I have sent you a message with further information/instructions. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • I hope this isn't off-limits. I need ASAP to convert a Quicken QIF file into CSV. my name is on this tread, if necessary track me down and let's make a deal to get it done. Desperation is coming all too close ...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you really mean QIF?  The Quicken data file is a QDF file, is that what you are talking about?

And if you are, you need to be more precise on what you want out of your data file.  Most things in Quicken can be output as either an Excel file or tab delimited file that most spreadsheet programs can read.
    Signature:
  • i have data in QIF and QFX. How to do translate to CSV. Can you do that for me? For a fee, of course ..
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, no.  Note that QFX format is only known to Quicken Inc and as such can only be used by Quicken.
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    i have data in QIF and QFX. How to do translate to CSV. Can you do that for me? For a fee, of course ..
    I suggest you import the QIF and QFX files into account registers in Quicken.  Once the data is in a Quicken file, there are a variety of ways to export views of the data to a spreadsheet which can then be used to produce a CSV file.

For example, you may open a register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Export to Excel Workbook (.xlsx)
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a variety of QIF to CSV converters available - some free, some not.  All are independent of Quicken. I suggest you go that route. 
This discussion has been closed.