Command "Find" in Investment Account Transactions List

Options
ZQkn
ZQkn Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Why does the result of the Find command within list of transactions in an account come with finding of identical specified transaction/amount within many other accounts, including non-investment accounts?

Also, how to remove in the resulting chart columns that aren't needed?

It seems like the command's functionality needs a lot of improvement. It doesn't serve the purpose of improving productivity/usability for the users.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The way to request an enhancement is to create an Idea post. This will let other users comment and vote on your idea. The product team periodically reviews these posts and sometimes implements them.

To create a new idea, you can go to the forum Home page and click on New Post then New Idea. The more specific you can be about your request the better.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect you selected Find All instead of Find on the Quicken Find window.

We can not remove the columns in the Search Results window.
  • ZQkn
    ZQkn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I was referring to the option "Find All". I was expecting that by selecting "all" I would see all transactions of my interest only in that account, not in any other. Isn't the actual result produced by the program counterintuitive?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ZQuicken said:
    Yes, I was referring to the option "Find All". I was expecting that by selecting "all" I would see all transactions of my interest only in that account, not in any other. Isn't the actual result produced by the program counterintuitive?
    Whether the behavior is counterintuitive or not is subjective.  It is behaving as documented: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216329
  • ZQkn
    ZQkn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the detailed link. It confirms my point that the feature needs improvement, i.e., allowing to search for a transaction within a certain account(s) only, rather than across all the accounts. As well, a field for the dates' differentiation would help.

Not sure if you are in the position of communicating the above to the development team. How can I do it, if you can't?

Thank you.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The way to request an enhancement is to create an Idea post. This will let other users comment and vote on your idea. The product team periodically reviews these posts and sometimes implements them.

To create a new idea, you can go to the forum Home page and click on New Post then New Idea. The more specific you can be about your request the better.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.