Can't setup 'Capital One Bank - New'

BobDeG
BobDeG Member ✭✭
I am trying to reconnect my Capital One Bank accounts to Quicken for MAC. After numerous attempts to update my settings (see below), I tried to reset my account. I'm able to log into my Capital One Account using the "New" connection, but after Capital One sends me back to Quicken to finish the process, I get the "Can't setup" error message listed in the title of this post and the additional error message listed below. Each time I do this, Capital One sends me an email saying I've successfully linked my Capital One account to Quicken.

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (PAUTH_INVALID_TOKEN:FDP-350)

If I just try to update my account as initially requested, I get a Sync Error: "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support." Again, each time I do this, Capital One sends me an email saying I've successfully linked my Capital One account to Quicken.
The additional error message reads:

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (QCS_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-4000)

I've tried to resolve this problem on multiple days.

Any help would be appreciated or should I contact Quicken Support directly?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    BobDeG said:
    I am trying to reconnect my Capital One Bank accounts to Quicken for MAC. After numerous attempts to update my settings (see below), I tried to reset my account. I'm able to log into my Capital One Account using the "New" connection, but after Capital One sends me back to Quicken to finish the process, I get the "Can't setup" error message listed in the title of this post and the additional error message listed below. Each time I do this, Capital One sends me an email saying I've successfully linked my Capital One account to Quicken.

If I just try to update my account as initially requested, I get a Sync Error: "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support." Again, each time I do this, Capital One sends me an email saying I've successfully linked my Capital One account to Quicken.
    The additional error message reads:

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (QCS_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-4000)

I've tried to resolve this problem on multiple days.

Any help would be appreciated or should I contact Quicken Support directly?
    Hello @BobDeG,

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving this aggregator error message and I do thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community to speak with us about this problem.

I want to be clear, when you mention resetting the accounts, were you disconnecting them and reconnecting them or were you speaking of the process of re-authorization?

If you go to Window > Account Status in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open, can you see a button that reads Sign In? If so, clicking on this should provide you with a screen with the title Capitol One needs you to re-authorize access to your account(s). You should then be prompted to provide your credentials after clicking Sign In once again. Note that you want to be very clear on which instance of Capital One is being used to link each account, as you will have to authorize the accounts for each instance separately

After you have entered your credentials, you should see a window listing all of the accounts associated with the instance you have chosen, and then an button that says Authorize as well as one that says No Thanks. Make sure that a check mark is listed next to each account in the list, or else it will not appear in the Quicken app. You may then select the 'Authorize' option. I want to make sure that this process has been explained and attempted before we go through any further troubleshooting.

I hope to continue to work with you on this, and appreciate any updates or responses you may be able to provide. 

Best regards,

Quicken Jared  
  • LotsaCaffeine
    LotsaCaffeine Member ✭✭
    > @BobDeG said:
    > I am trying to reconnect my Capital One Bank accounts to Quicken for MAC. After numerous attempts to update my settings (see below), I tried to reset my account. I'm able to log into my Capital One Account using the "New" connection, but after Capital One sends me back to Quicken to finish the process, I get the "Can't setup" error message listed in the title of this post and the additional error message listed below. Each time I do this, Capital One sends me an email saying I've successfully linked my Capital One account to Quicken.
    >
    > AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (PAUTH_INVALID_TOKEN:FDP-350)
    >
    > If I just try to update my account as initially requested, I get a Sync Error: "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support." Again, each time I do this, Capital One sends me an email saying I've successfully linked my Capital One account to Quicken.
    > The additional error message reads:
    >
    > AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (QCS_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-4000)
    >
    > I've tried to resolve this problem on multiple days.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated or should I contact Quicken Support directly?

I am having this same issue. To note, the connection to Capital One Card Services was working fine for my (2) Capital One accounts, until they both produced the sync error error that, "Quicken cannot connect to this account".

The confirmation email from Capital one seems to indicate that their system is working correctly as designed - to accept the authorization... But t error also says "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers", key word: "our". None of my other Quicken Connect institutions are having issues - Just Capital One? Why isn't this working...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hello @BobDeG & @LotsaCaffeine,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all available updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LotsaCaffeine
    LotsaCaffeine Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    @Quicken Anja Thank you!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022
    @LotsaCaffeine You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Cory M
    Cory M Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same exact issue. It occurred after I updated my software today 2/15/22. Here are my stats...

Version 6.5.3 (Build 605.42687.100)
    macOS 10.14.6
This discussion has been closed.