Changing Bank Account passwords?

Options
When I go to the password vault all the options for adding or changing bank account passwords are grayed out. How do I change a bank account password?

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For Express Web Connect accounts the passwords aren't stored in the Password Vault.  They are stored on the Quicken/Intuit servers.

For these accounts you need to go into the One Step Update Settings and click on the key icon to change the password:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ianschneid
    ianschneid Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Chris - Thanks! I had no idea? Really appreciate the quick response!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I go to the password vault all the options for adding or changing bank account passwords are grayed out. How do I change a bank account password?
    Hello @ianschneid

Welcome to the Quicken Community and thank you for getting in contact with us in order to speak about the Password Vault.

Are you being prompted by your banking institution to change your password? Generally, you would follow the instructions below to change passwords for your banks stored in the Password Vault:
    1. Select Tools > Password Vault.
    2. Choose Add or Edit Passwords...
    3. In the Edit Password Vault dialog box, select the bank for which you want to change a password.
    4. Click Change Password.

What is the Password Vault and how do I use it

1. Enter a new password.
    2. Re-enter the password to confirm it.

What is the Password Vault and how do I use it

1. Click Change.
    I hope this is helpful. I look forward to hearing more from you about the situation, should you have the chance to check back in with us and provide additional information.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For Express Web Connect accounts the passwords aren't stored in the Password Vault.  They are stored on the Quicken/Intuit servers.

For these accounts you need to go into the One Step Update Settings and click on the key icon to change the password:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ianschneid
    ianschneid Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Chris - Thanks! I had no idea? Really appreciate the quick response!
This discussion has been closed.