QWin doesn't perform reconciliation to online balance

JstLukng
JstLukng Member ✭✭
I can't figure this minor irritant out. All my downloadable bank accounts are set to 'Reconcile to online balance'. For some, when reviewing downloaded transactions, I can accept all and QWin adds all to the register (as Cleared) and then automatically runs the reconciliation process. For others, accepting all transactions puts them in the register as Cleared but I have to then manually perform a recon, even if the bank and QWin balances match. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two places where "reconcile to online balance" is controlled:
    • In Edit Account Details / Online Services tab there's a checkbox "reconcile to online balance"
    • When starting a manual Reconcile process, there's a dialog box:
    • Is this dialog set to "Online Balance" and one or both of the checkboxes underneath are checked?
  • JstLukng
    JstLukng Member ✭✭
    When I click to manually open the recon (gear icon/reconcile), I don't have that screen - I see my 'normal' recon screen (attached).
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    JstLukng said:
    When I click to manually open the recon (gear icon/reconcile), I don't have that screen - I see my 'normal' recon screen (attached).
    You haven't done the first step that @UKR suggested, you still have online reconciling on.
    Deselect the check box I have indicated, and then select OK:

Also please use an image next time.  They are easier to view on here than a PDF.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JstLukng
    JstLukng Member ✭✭
    Ahh, didn't understand I was to uncheck the box in online services. Did so, got the manual recon screen and checked always use online balance. brought me back to the Reconcile screen. Will await tomorrow's new download to see if that fixed the issue. Appreciate the help.
  • JstLukng
    JstLukng Member ✭✭
    No joy. the payment transaction came in today. Downloaded transaction matched what was on the register. I clicked Accept All. Transaction Cleared but it did not auto-reconcile.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    JstLukng said:
    No joy. the payment transaction came in today. Downloaded transaction matched what was on the register. I clicked Accept All. Transaction Cleared but it did not auto-reconcile.
    Did you do Ctrl+R to turn automatic reconcile back on?

I see there is a gap in what has been suggested.  The point I guess @UKR was getting at would be either to toggle it off and then on.  And if that still didn't work, reconcile manually.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JstLukng
    JstLukng Member ✭✭
    Did you do Ctrl+R to turn automatic reconcile back on? - Yes
    It is just strange that some accounts auto-reconcile when new transactions are accepted and other accounts only Clear them without reconciling. It's a puzzlement.
This discussion has been closed.